Sign in to follow this  
Jim Young

Captain Sim 757 Base Updated to V1.4

8 hours ago, Benjamin J said:

I’m currently sort of guessing what loads to punch in, which can be a bit bothersome

It does it automatically (after clicking on Request).  No need to punch anything.

Edited by Jim Young
Added (after clicking on Request)

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Where does it gather information from when using the request button or is it random?

I plan my flight in pfpx, write down my fuel and zfw figures and plug those in.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

25 minutes ago, Jim Young said:

It does it automatically (after clicking on Request).  No need to punch anything.

I believe you're describing a different page. I'm talking about the 'fake' loading pages where you can determine the number of pax, cargo weight, short/normal.long haul fuel loads, etc. I wish they would have included maximum amounts that the aircraft can hold, so I have a reference of how many pax I can load, for instance. I didn't see that there's a 'request' button here?

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

4 minutes ago, Benjamin J said:

I believe you're describing a different page. I'm talking about the 'fake' loading pages where you can determine the number of pax, cargo weight, short/normal.long haul fuel loads, etc. I wish they would have included maximum amounts that the aircraft can hold, so I have a reference of how many pax I can load, for instance. I didn't see that there's a 'request' button here?

I’m not sure why you need the max values?  They should be listed on your dispatch and/or load sheet. 

If your weights are outside the envelope, you won’t be presented with vSpds on the init ref page.  I believe that’s what Jim was referring to. 

Matt King

14 hours ago, Dreamflight767 said:

Howdy:

Holding off the update.  Someone in the CS forum is reporting issues. 

Also, I too am waiting to confirm if this is a full or update only install.

CS communication is not the best.

Regression issues since v1.3 or known issues still not fixed?

Shom

[Win 10 Pro, i7-9700K, MSI 3080Ti, 4K screen, Crucial 2666 16GB, 2 500GB Samsung EVOs 850/860]

[MSFS 2020 running with Fenix A320, PMDG 737, FSS E-175, Aerosoft CRJ]

[P3D v5.3 HF2 running with ifly 737 Max 8, FSLabs A319/320/321, Feelthere E170/175/190/195 v3, PMDG 737 NGXu ,TFDI 717, Aerosoft CRJ Pro, Majestic Dash 8, CS 757 iii, Feelthere ERJ-145, Fly The Maddog X, QW 787, PMDG 777]

34 minutes ago, Benjamin J said:

I wish they would have included maximum amounts that the aircraft can hold, so I have a reference of how many pax I can load, for instance. I didn't see that there's a 'request' button here?

When you load the aircraft for a long flight, and set the fuel needed, the passengers and cargo, if it is too much, you'll receive a notice that you are grossly overweight (see below).  So you have to adjust maybe the cargo or passengers until the warning notice goes away.  This is the data you, as the pilot, would send to your Operations Center.  When you go to the FMC, and the performance page, click on Request and your Operations Center will automatically enter the data for you as they have huge computers who can provide the correct data and you and your co-pilot do not have to figure it out.  You should do this with every flight as sometimes I have not and the APP will always land me short of the runway.

24 minutes ago, kingm56 said:

f your weights are outside the envelope, you won’t be presented with vSpds on the init ref page.  I believe that’s what Jim was referring to. 

This is correct.  Thanks.

757FMC.png

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

10 hours ago, Riah069 said:

Its still a heavy frame rate hitter for me. FSLabs actually runs better lol.

Same for me. I wish CaptainSim would fix the performance but they say they can't. 

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

1 minute ago, Wise87 said:

Same for me. I wish CaptainSim would fix the performance but they say they can't. 

On my 4 year old system, this aircraft consumes as much FPS as my PMDG 777. 

Matt King

Yesterday during the New York Vatsim event I flew into DD KEWR in the PMDG777. Performance was smooth, even with DD Demo NYC X, Imaginesim KLGA and FSDT KJFK. I decided to fly out in the CS757. On the ground in KWER was like a stutter fest. It was not smooth at all when in the VC.  Switched back to the 777 and it was smooth again. I’m at the point we’re I'm just going to uninstall the plane.

Edited by Wise87

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

Performance is awful for me. Any large/complex airport is a stutter fest. So bad that I gave up on it due to that and the other issues that keep going not fixed.

1 hour ago, JasonPC said:

Performance is awful for me. Any large/complex airport is a stutter fest. So bad that I gave up on it due to that and the other issues that keep going not fixed.

What issues have gone unfixed?  My apologies, but this feels like an opinion based on past CS offerings and not the current 757. Considering this is now the 4th update, I believe your notion, as it relates to ‘fixes’, is unfounded   

I won’t argue the FPS point as everyone milage is different; all I can say is the CS FPS consumption is on par with my other high end aircraft.  Having just checked my ACARS from my latest 757 flight, I averaged 32.7 FPS in P3D 4.5.  The flight after that averaged 34.8 in the Aerosoft A319.  Again, everyone mileage vary.

Edited by kingm56

Matt King

This is not based on past CS offerings. This is based on the current 757 and the price point they charged for it.

My two big issues that have gone unfixed the entire time:

-Plane badly out of trim at takeoff when trim set based on either a) FMC value or b) Table value in manual

-Issues with physical throttles interfering with auto-throttle

2 hours ago, kingm56 said:

On my 4 year old system, this aircraft consumes as much FPS as my PMDG 777. 

I get significantly worse than pmdg planes. I can get acceptable performance even at the heaviest airports in most other planes. A bit less with aerosoft. And then CS is just a whole lot worse. I can only use it into smaller airports which kind of sucks. My system isn’t great but it’s no slouch either. 

5800x3d Asus 4090 ROG Strix OC 2TB SSD 32GB Ram

I have just installed v1.4 in P3D v4, and I want to configure a "base scenario" file with various settings. However, I do not seem to be able to get the panel lighting to work......or is this "dynamic lighting only"? The dome light and flood lighting work, but not those "outlines" around buttons and switches.

I will need to test it with respect to performance, but I remember the framerates being more than acceptable when I tested v1.3 at UK2000 Aberdeen Xtreme on my modest PC (and that was with the cabin enabled).

Edited by Christopher Low

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Lights (except for dome) are linked to the old fsx legacy texture lighting system that only comes on at certain times of day (likely after the “night” preset time in the menu). They will not turn on at dusk even when the knob is turned to on.

Another huge drawback for this plane.

Edited by JasonPC