Sign in to follow this  
Jim Young

Captain Sim 757 Base Updated to V1.4

Latest version is 1.404.  You can download the entire full executable from your store account.

3 hours ago, Greggy_D said:

Latest version is 1.404.  You can download the entire full executable from your store account.

Cool.  What's this fix to a fix, to a fix, to a fix...

Also, I'm only seeing 1404 for the 757PW.  Do you anything about the other 757s?  The F,-300, and RR.

Thanks.

Edited by Dreamflight767

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

On 6/1/2019 at 12:40 PM, Jim Young said:

VERSION 1.4 (31MAY’19)
BASE PACK
New features:
– Adjustable acceleration and rotation speed of rotary knobs (VOR/DME, MCP etc).
– APU shut down cooldown cycle.
– EICAS advisory message that the CTR Fuel Tanks are empty.
Fixed:
– NO AUTOLAND should not be displayed on the Autoland Status Annunciator once the IRSs have aligned.
– Before engine start, Center 2 Electric Hydraulic Pump should automatically load shed.
– Oil pressure turned red after engine shut down on the ground.
– Utility Buses do not load shed during engine start. Utility Buses do not load shed if thrust levers are moved while on the ground and the engines are not running.
– EPR remains illuminated on MCP after takeoff and VNAV has been selected.
– FMS CDU DSPY light lights up red but should light up white.
– Abeam points (WID01/BUB02/WIL03) display.
– On REF page, ILS course displays as only two digits but should be three.
– ALIGN lights on IRS panel don’t illuminate long enough after IRS switches moved to OFF. They should illuminate for about 20 seconds while the gyros begin to spin down.
– Fuel Config light on overhead panel should be illuminated while on the ground with the Center Fuel Pumps on and both engines shut down.
– Terrain displays on ND with IRS not aligned.
– Spar Valve extinguished before engine valve.
– Fuel panel on the overhead remains on after the aircraft has been completely powered down.
– TAKEOFF REF page 2/2 REF OAT negative temprature entry is one degree C higher than entered.
– In PLAN mode the STEP prompt is missing on the LEGS page when in use on the right FMC.
– TERR RANGE DISAGREE message with left and right ND set to different zoom levels.
– When doing any changes on the MCP that affect the A/T mode the MCP speed is matched to the actual airspeed.
– Pressing the MCP speed knob while in VNAV PTH should activate VNAV SPD mode.
– Changing the fuel to 14.0 tons the Payload automatically decreases to 19.6 tons.
– The red beacon light is flashing inside the virtual cockpit.
The 300 EXPANSION
– VC viewpoints and lights position corrected.

TO GET THE LATEST VERSION:
1. Turn OFF your antivirus including default Windows Defender.
2. Login to Your Profile, navigate: Product Name > Extended Download Service.
3. Download the latest version of the product(s) to any folder on your computer.
4. Make sure your simulator is not running.
5. Run the installer .exe file(s) as Administrator and follow the installer(s) prompts.

Hello Jim:

I am a newcomer to CS 757 and like what I see so far. I've flown a number of flights and have 2 nagging issues I don't understand and would appreciate any light you can shed. I am running the latest 1.4 level, having just downloaded it yesterday.

1. I do not hear v1, Rotate, v2, or any callouts at all on approach. Isn't there supposed to be such? All other sounds seem fine in the cockpit, switches, buttons, etc.

2. I can't seem to get the terrain display to work. I see the callout on the HSI but no terrain. And I just flew into RNO with lotsa terrain.

Grateful for any help or pointers.

Rick

3 hours ago, Wink207 said:

1. I do not hear v1, Rotate, v2, or any callouts at all on approach. Isn't there supposed to be such? All other sounds seem fine in the cockpit, switches, buttons, etc.

You will only hear that at takeoff.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

4 hours ago, Wink207 said:

2. I can't seem to get the terrain display to work. I see the callout on the HSI but no terrain. And I just flew into RNO with lotsa terrain.

Most 757's have no radar for terrain.  But, when I click on the Terrain button, I get it showing up.  Click it up for weather and the weather shows up.

Edited by Jim Young

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

I also got the sounds telling me the various altitudes on approach.

Submit News to AVSIM

Thanks Jim. I guess I need another re-install. I like the Capt Sim stuff so far but I have needed multiple reinstalls to get everything to work.

Thanks

Rick

Is the Captain Sim 757 worth it if I have the QW 757? And how do they compare with the exception of visuals?

Edited by Waffles_

18 hours ago, Wink207 said:

Thanks Jim. I guess I need another re-install. I like the Capt Sim stuff so far but I have needed multiple reinstalls to get everything to work.

Thanks

Rick

Clicking on the Weather first and click again for Terrain.  Then move display distance to say miles.  This is just a gauge so you have it installed.

Submit News to AVSIM

7 hours ago, Waffles_ said:

Is the Captain Sim 757 worth it if I have the QW 757? And how do they compare with the exception of visuals?

The CS757 was released recently and developed for P3Dv4.  The QW757 was developed for P3DV2.5 and earlier and is quite a bit older.  I have the QW787 and they did an excellent job with that aircraft!

Submit News to AVSIM

7 hours ago, Waffles_ said:

They're both good products.  To me it depends on what is your preferred simulation level.  The CS 757 has more simulated systems and in some cases a deeper level of simulation in they ones they have in common. 

dv

Win 10 Pro || i7-8700K ||  32GB || ASUS Z370-P MB || NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb || 2 960 PRO 1TB, 840 EVO

My Files in the AVSIM Library

Perhaps someone can answer this, I thought for sure that I had AIRAC cycle 1901 for the CS757 but maybe I'm wrong, is it possible that the update/repair installs and overwrites it back to the default AIRAC cycle 1706

Ryzen 5 5600X - Noctua U12A, 32Gb Vengence, Sapphire Pulse 5700xt, WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD

49 minutes ago, FPStewy said:

Perhaps someone can answer this, I thought for sure that I had AIRAC cycle 1901 for the CS757 but maybe I'm wrong, is it possible that the update/repair installs and overwrites it back to the default AIRAC cycle 1706

Yes, it overwrites.  After any fresh or re-install of any add-on airplane, I always run the updater just to be sure I'm on the latest cycle.

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

The repair will definitely return everything back to the default.  Some of the updates from CS appear to be just the update but, in the case of 1.4, it appears you have to download and install the complete package.  So, in this case, I would say your Navdata was returned to the old default.  You can look at the current NavData by going to P3DV4/Captain Sim/Navigation.  Click on cycle info.

Submit News to AVSIM

9 minutes ago, Jim Young said:

The repair will definitely return everything back to the default.  in the case of 1.4, it appears you have to download and install the complete package.

Thanks for the info, I'll just re-update it.

Ryzen 5 5600X - Noctua U12A, 32Gb Vengence, Sapphire Pulse 5700xt, WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD