Sign in to follow this  
LesOReilly

GNS 530/430 V2 In Action (Videos Only)

Hi,

I added a video to my Reality XP "series" I am doing.  This covers adding it as the Number 2 Unit.  Particularly focused on using it in an external "controller" and the steps needed to get it responding correctly.

I will add a "flight video" and then further expand on how I "program" (assign/map) the custom controller interface via SPAD.NEXT.  Hope this helps others since there are a couple of items you have to do manually -- like edit the GNS INI file and then edit the Panel Config file.....plus for physical interfaces understand the "bit" structure in the commands and assign that to the interface software.

• Like 2

Les O'Reilly

Hi,

I added another video to my little Reality XP series.  This one is about Configuring the GNS 530 as a #2 Unit along side a GTN 750.  Focus is again on using this with External Interface Controllers.

I will be doing a separate video about Configuring the Buttons in SPAD.NEXT but I do go into detail about the section in the manual that explains how it works for those that will use say FSUIPC or something else for their controls.  When the SPAD.NEXT video is done I will add it to the the Series.  Also a flight with the 530 is also being edited as well.

Hope this helps others 🙂 also maybe this will help show how it would be great to get some of these as editable options (🙂 wink wink nudge nudge..... ) instead of editing config files like we have to do in this video.

• Like 1

Les O'Reilly

Sorry about posting that video twice....

Here is the 2nd Video in the 530 "series" where I fly the 530....We put in the flight plan (where we see just how much better a GTN is over a GNS when it comes to this stuff --- Not a RealityXP thing but the real world difference with Touch vs Knobs) load a Departure and do an Approach...Plus run the Missed.

No Arrival on this one -- using a GA Bonanza is not going to have us up high enough or far enough to really use that function.  We can save that for a later video.

Enjoy Part 2!!

• Like 2

Les O'Reilly

Okay - here was the last one from that "session".  This is the one on configuring the controller interface using SPAD.NEXT as a number 2 unit.

• Like 2

Les O'Reilly