Sign in to follow this  
scott967

Magdec.bgl

Guest Mark McG

Will the Magdec.bgl file that contains the magnetic variation info for FS be updated in FSX. The Magdec.bgl file is used by scenery in FS to apply the correct magnetic variation to the true headings used in scenery design. I believe that this file has not been updated in a few versions of FS. Currently in FS9 for the UK, there is a 2 degree difference between the actual runway headings taken off charts and what appears in FS9. If you use real world charts and SIDs/STARs then you can be flying off the correct track/heading as a result of this anomaly. Thanks.

IIRC the MagDec in FS9 uses the 2000 model. Of course, now the 2005 model is in use. (More info here: http://www.ngdc.noaa.gov/seg/WMM/ ) The formats were broken out by Christian Stock in magmsa.zip. I've found at least 1 replacement file magdec.zip (author unknown).scott s..

>IIRC the MagDec in FS9 uses the 2000 model. Of course, now>the 2005 model is in use. (More info here: >http://www.ngdc.noaa.gov/seg/WMM/ ) The formats were broken>out by Christian Stock in magmsa.zip. I've found at least 1>replacement file magdec.zip (author unknown).>>scott s.>.>>> at airsim portugal (airsim.net) you can found the file magdec.zip.was made by jcboliveira, but is not avaliable in the site.if he see this post and re-upload for his site ( and/or fix the url), or allowing me to upload to a rapidshare....but the file correct only the MagDeg in the MSFS GPS. to correct the sim, is need to change the .BGL from default scenery, and fix this in your add-on scenery.best regards

Gustavo Rodrigues - Brazil

I happened to just download the new Lisbon scenery, and it is included in there.MAGVAR is included as an attribute in a number of elements, but I have never seen a description of what effect that actually has either on the user aircraft gauges or otherwise (such as VOR readings).scott s..