Sign in to follow this  
Guest DaveKDEN

NEW VIDEO FSX !!!!!

$#@%! all the files are gone. Hope to see it up soon somewhere else.

Eric 

I have a secret hand held recorded video from GDC showing "living world" in all its glory. Any bidders? :-lol

Guest jrobert

>I have a secret hand held recorded video from GDC showing>"living world" in all its glory. Any bidders? :-lol Hmmm... Pay 50 Gazillion bucks for a shoddy second-rate video with poor audio or wait and pay probably about 100 bucks when FSX is released and get the "real" thing. I think my decision is clear! ;)Regards,Joshua Robertson (Creator of FS Real Time)3D Softworks Design Studioshttp://www.3dsoftworks.net

>By the way, the missing "living world" video is missing for a>reason. It contained some super-secret stuff that isn't>really done yet so our marketing department only allowed me to>show it at the conference but not upload it. Sorry, but it'll>all get out in time... ;-)Argh bad luck, that explains a lot though... ;)Thanks for the clarification dude. :-hahCheers! :-beerchugEtienne :-wave

Guest davidvoogd

The animation I'm referring to is the day night / time of day animation, showing how the textures change through the different times of day.You don't see the traffic driving smoothly up and down the road, but if you look at the road during the animation you see the tiny specs of cars quickly moving around.

Guest TomLiAirplane

>The animation I'm referring to is the day night / time of day>animation, showing how the textures change through the>different times of day.>>You don't see the traffic driving smoothly up and down the>road, but if you look at the road during the animation you see>the tiny specs of cars quickly moving around.//--------------------------------------------------------------Sorry dude, but that's not the traffic. Take a closer look at the pic below and you will see. I took a screenshot of that .gif file.Don't believe me, you can check it out yourself.- Slide 58- Right-Click the Picture on the right.- Then "Save Picture As..." (or something like that).- And open it and zoom in.:-bla

Guest aqui

Sorry, but the video isn't online.I search it on fsinsider site but I don't found it.Where is the file?THX! Aqui

Guest DaveKDEN

"Update 18:35 UTC March 29, 2006There has been a bit of a delay in getting the files posted to FSInsider, but I've been assured that they should appear today."Just wondering how it's coming? Curious if there's any proprietary issues involved here? Don't want to come across as 'demanding', but I missed the original release of the video and PP presentations and am anxious to see what the fuss is about.Cheers,Dave

The delay is due to the Microsoft corporate web site bureaucracy. That's all. Looks like the files didn't show up today as expected so I'll poke the web people again tomorrow. Sorry for the delay and thanks for your interest!-Adam

Guest davidvoogd

>Sorry dude, but that's not the traffic. Take a closer look at>the pic below and you will see. I took a screenshot of that>.gif file.>>Don't believe me, you can check it out yourself.>>- Slide 58>- Right-Click the Picture on the right.>- Then "Save Picture As..." (or something like that).>- And open it and zoom in.:-bla You can't see it in a still image, but it's fairly obvious in the animation.

Guest sclincoln

Any idea where in the website it will show up? I've poked around but I don't see an obvious area for that type of file. Downloads maybe?

Guest TomLiAirplane

>You can't see it in a still image, but it's fairly obvious in>the animation.Then I don't know what to tell you. But I am sure that's definitely not the traffic. I even imported that .gif file to a GIF Animation Editor software, but still, it's not the traffic. While at first glance, you will notice something is moving "on" the road, but once you zoomed in, and you can see, that's actually the edges of the road texture (changing shapes or outlines or something). No cars, no trucks, no SUVs, no Batmobile, no bikes, no nothing. :-violin

That's actually a bug! The appearance of the cleared shoulder of the road changed each time the road was rendered for the different times of day. Don't worry, we'll fix it! Just because this turned out not to be cars doesn't mean there won't be cars in FSX though... ;-)-Adam

Guest TomLiAirplane

>Just because this turned out not to be cars doesn't mean there>won't be cars in FSX though... ;-)>>-Adam//-------------------------------------------------------------I assume everybody knew that, right? ;-) ;-) ;-) :-wave