Sign in to follow this  
Guest DaveKDEN

NEW VIDEO FSX !!!!!

Guest Simpit

Did you actually play the presentation using powerpoint? It runs when you get to that slide. It doesn't do anything on my system if you just step through the slides.I must admit that I don't think what you see on the roads is actually traffic, though... It looks like artifacting with one of the textures next to the road. If you look at the bottom part of the animation where the road is crossing a plain desert (?) texture there are no little blips...Simpitupdated: or tree shadows, as mentioned above.

>The video attached to Slide 15 Is called E:GDC 2006livingworld Segment.wmvThats what I could find out too.>I am not able to see it as it is not attached to the>presentation... has anyone been able to locate this file?I guess it is embedded into the PPT somehow...>The person that saw it, how did you do it?>>Thanks I havent actually seen an animation of Traffic flow in>the streets, would like to see this.Exactly my problem. Yeah I do play it in PowerPoint, but once I get to that slide, I only get that gray box saying '24 hrs'. It is marked as some kind of link obviously, but clicking it does not help at all. :-hmmm If anyone has further advice, please do let us desperates know! :-)>Did you actually play the presentation using powerpoint? It>runs when you get to that slide. It doesn't do anything on my>system if you just step through the slides.I assume you mean pressing F5 (play presentation), then click, i. e. step thru the slides till you reach #15 and it just starts playing?

Sounds cool if you own the business, but I don't know how cool it would be for the boss to know that the tool they just bought is also a game? But then again, maybe that would be an incentive to get work done. :) And heck, really, you could spin a non-game product off using the same technology and make more bucks with it.Thomas[a href=http://www.flyingscool.com/FC_StartJava.html] http://www.flyingscool.com/images/Signature.jpg [/a]I like using VC's :-)

Tom Perry

Signature.jpg

Guest Simpit

>I assume you mean pressing F5 (play presentation), then click,>i. e. step thru the slides till you reach #15 and it just>starts playing?That's what I mean. I'm sorry if it doesn't work for you.Simpit

>That's what I mean. I'm sorry if it doesn't work for you.>>SimpitStrange. Thanks for the kind help anyway bud.Cheers! :-beerchugEtienne :-wave

Guest SJDickson

That page in the PowerPoint presentation references an external multimedia file "livingworld segment.wmv". That file isn't embedded in the PPT file and doesn't exist in the http://www.speakeasy.org/~zof/gdc/ link. Do you remember where you got the "livingworld segment.wmv" file from?

What player / update / codec do you need to watch this? Neither Winamp nor WMP will work on my system. I have all the "usual suspects" like Divx Xvid, etc.

-------------------------

Craig from KBUF

>What player / update / codec do you need to watch this? >>Neither Winamp nor WMP will work on my system. I have all the>"usual suspects" like Divx Xvid, etc. In case you are referring to the WMV, WMP should do without any additional CoDecs. How did you try to view that file? From within PowerPoint (right click/play)? That would trigger the 'file does not exist' we are all struggling with here.Maybe tdragger could be so kind to give us a hint. :-)

Guest stan29

I'd love to see the video but I keep getting the following message when I click on the link:"FORBIDDENYou don't have permission to access /~zof/gdc/spaceshot2.wmv on this server."Any ideas?Many Thanks, Stan

Looks like Adam has locked the files to outside access.Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

Sorry guys, my ISP shut down my account because of too much bandwidth usage. :-) We're working to get the presentation, paper, and video uploaded to the FSInsider web site, hopefully in a day or two. By the way, the missing "living world" video is missing for a reason. It contained some super-secret stuff that isn't really done yet so our marketing department only allowed me to show it at the conference but not upload it. Sorry, but it'll all get out in time... ;-)

Guest Simpit

Hmmm... based on Adam's reply in the thread down a little ways, we were talking about two different animations. I was referring to the one with the day to night cycle, not the one on slide 15. I didn't notice that there was one missing earlier in the presentation.Sorry!Simpit:-rotor

Yeah yeah, thats what they all say, you just want to tease us that little bit more :-lolThanks for the update, the work so far looks amazing!

Alaister Kay

Guest JoJoDawg

>Sorry guys, my ISP shut down my account because of too much>bandwidth usage. :-) We're working to get the presentation,>paper, and video uploaded to the FSInsider web site, hopefully>in a day or two. >>By the way, the missing "living world" video is missing for a>reason. It contained some super-secret stuff that isn't>really done yet so our marketing department only allowed me to>show it at the conference but not upload it. Sorry, but it'll>all get out in time... ;-)Awww Booooo!!! :(Anyone that saw the "living world" scene could you Mspaint the scenefor me. Didn't get too see it :(