Sign in to follow this  
kevinmdavis2010

Windows 10 Backup

10 hours ago, RickRuechel said:

Here is an article about Windows 10 Backup & RestoreI did it in the same way and everything worked perfect.

Windows backup works, but it's cumbersome and inflexible compared to something like Macrium.

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

Microsoft are working on windows 10 cloud recovery, system testing by fast ring insiders now hopefully for next year so users can recover windows 10 with cloud download. 

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

1 hour ago, rjfry said:

Microsoft are working on windows 10 cloud recovery, system testing by fast ring insiders now hopefully for next year so users can recover windows 10 with cloud download. 

Unfortunately, that would only work as long as you had a working internet connection. The other problem with online backups is the time it takes to upload/download the contents of your whole system if you have a lot of internal storage. Local backups avoid both of those drawbacks. I'd also be surprised if the MS offering gave the flexibility and options that a good dedicated app does. We can but hope, though.

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

Can I fly and backup at the same time? Using Macrium.

Maurice J

I7 7700k 4.7 \ EVGA 1080ti \ G-Skill 32GB \ Samsung 4K TV

Yes an internet connection for windows is a problem that's how I get my updates and activate it. 

Raymond Fry.

12 hours ago, rjfry said:

Yes an internet connection for windows is a problem that's how I get my updates and activate it. 

What I meant was that if you'd had a system failure which necessitated the restore, your Internet connection may also have been affected. With a local backup you can always guarantee having access to the backup files.

Edited by vortex681

I think you will find it`s more like a repair something you used to do with a disc copy, if your internet connection is down or lost now days your unable to do anything last time I purchased anything on disc must be over 10 years ago, all my present sim came from the net downloaded P3D is not available on disc and I don't think the new FS will be and all the addons. 

Raymond Fry.

I back up to my 8TB external Seagate Backup Plus Hub using EaseUS Todo Backup free 11.5

It will back up everything partitions and all.

Edited by udidwht

Win10Pro 22H2-19045.4123/IntelCorei7-3770K/GigabyteGA-Z68XP-UD3/32GBGSkillCL7-8-8-24/AsusRTX2070OC8GB/1TBCrucialMX500SSD/2 TB PNY CS900/(x3)1TBRAWMushkinSSDs/LGBlueRayBurner/RosewillChallengerTowerBlack/CorsairRM750wPSU/X56HOTAS/TtesportsCommanderKeyboardMousecombo/TrackIR5Pro/34inUltraWideScreenLG2560x1080p/TM2xMFDCougar/OculusQuest2/InateckKU5211PCIe3.2/LTERIVERPCIeG2S4/TMobileHomeInternet5G

MSI Codex Series R2 B14NUC7-095US/Windows 11 Home 22H2 22631.3374/i7 14700F/MSI Pro B760 VC Wifi II/RTX 4060/32GB DDR5 5600mhz/650w Gold PSU