Sign in to follow this  
mccurdypm

xEnviro 1.10 Released!

No VR support means I won’t be buying it. 

• Like 2

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus

I am totally looking forward to getting this product. Some of the features are revolutionary in X-Plane such as actual 3D clouds and dynamic snow coverage. 

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

Finally! Excellent. I've been following this for a very long time. Thanks for the heads-up!

5 minutes ago, GCBraun said:

No VR support means I won’t be buying it. 

That wasn't what he asked... 

Edited by Anders Bermann
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

Been messing around with it for a bit and I've seen some absolutely stunning scenes, the lighting is gorgeous and under most conditions, those clouds are fantastic. However, the 'active' dithering you see, plus how it blends against mountains is very noticeable. Also not seeing a lot of vertical development. Seems to only do the usual white, thin sheet. It's a huge step up for X-Plane for sure but there's a lot of work to be done as well.

5PRfYRg.jpg

Edited by Sethos1988
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

37 minutes ago, Sethos1988 said:

Been messing around with it for a bit and I've seen some absolutely stunning scenes, the lighting is gorgeous and under most conditions, those clouds are fantastic. However, the 'active' dithering you see, plus how it blends against mountains is very noticeable. Also not seeing a lot of vertical development. Seems to only do the usual white, thin sheet. It's a huge step up for X-Plane for sure but there's a lot of work to be done as well.

5PRfYRg.jpg

Thanks for the screenshot. Any more you can share will be greatly appreciated. 

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

Wouldn't base too much off of these, just trying to make it look pretty (and pretty it is!). Lots of dithering, shadow issues, weird cloud cuts, performance reports seem all over the place. A lot of potential and I'll definitely be using it but it sure has some problems. Though I am maintaining my 30FPS locked, at 1440P and 2xSSAA.

zkeZrfo.jpg

OMkLYU4.jpg

Edited by Sethos1988
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 2

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

2 hours ago, Sethos1988 said:

Wouldn't base too much off of these, just trying to make it look pretty (and pretty it is!). Lots of dithering, shadow issues, weird cloud cuts, performance reports seem all over the place. A lot of potential and I'll definitely be using it but it sure has some problems. Though I am maintaining my 30FPS locked, at 1440P and 2xSSAA.

Have you had a chance to try the dynamic snow coverage? If so, what are your thoughts?

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

Lots of folks across the forums reporting massive FPS/Performance hits, unless you're running a Cray Super Computer 

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

- Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

The performance is horrible! I am looking 70FPS + with default clouds outside of the city, with exenviro I am in the teens. Makes for lovely screenshots :)

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 6800XT, Ram - 32GB, 32" 4K Monitor, WIN 11, XP-12 !

Eric Escobar

I saw many peoples complaining the fps drop. Hopefully they can sort this out, otherwise this is a great add on.

9 hours ago, Anders Bermann said:

That wasn't what he asked... 

So what?

According to Laminar, VR users are now 15% of the total X-Planers and growing. Therefore, it is always useful to make it clear to the community when a product does not support VR (a minority of the add-ons nowadays). 

Moreover, for me, the lack of VR support also indicates the possible scarcity of development resources and/or that the product has been rushed, something that seems to be the case here. 

Edited by GCBraun
  • Upvote 1

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus

Looks very nice, but, among other stuff, I really don't see a way for weather injectors to do the right stuff untill X-Plane properly allows for it at it's core, something that I believe will not be possible at least until the next version...

• Upvote 2

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

6 hours ago, MikeT707 said:

Have you had a chance to try the dynamic snow coverage? If so, what are your thoughts?

Not in an environment where it builds up. I did spawn at a small strip in Norway with a recent report of snow and everything turned white when I loaded in. While the effect of snow and dynamically effecting the ground is visually good, it does look a bit extreme when it's turning everything white, every object in the scene. Plus, it doesn't make much sense in those amounts for a bit of reported snow. As with everything in 1.10, needs a bit (a lot) of tweaking.