Sign in to follow this  
mccurdypm

xEnviro 1.10 Released!

12 hours ago, tonywob said:

He also had no idea what xEnviro was... This to me was worrying because it would indicate he really is not paying any attention to other developers and the community, and he really should be.

At 6:50 , "I see it as a cool tech demo..."__Austin Meyer, creator of X-Plane.  What is more worrying is that he has no idea about other weather plugin like Ultra Weather XP, SkyMaxxPro, xAmbience, FSEnhancer, CloudArt. 

• Upvote 1

System Spec 1: Nvidia RTX 4090,  AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D, Res 5120x1440, HP Reverb G2
System Spec 2: AMD Radeon RX 7900XT, Intel I-9 9990K, Res 3840x1080, HP Reverb G2

It's kind of like asking Bill Gates if he's heard of "Drive Cleaner XP 4.0". Not a direct comparison, but you get the point. This is a rich guy with rich guy hobbies ("E-VTOL" anyone?), X-Plane clouds really is nothing he loses sleep over, I think he has long passed that torch to Ben - even though X-Plane might still be his main revenue stream.

What worries me more is the fact that this guy, in all his glory, is the overlord of my hobby. You try to forget it, but videos like this one really bring it up again.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

-

Belligerent X-Plane 12 enthusiast on Apple M1 Max 64GB

With all due respect to all, but if it wasn't for Austin, there would not be xplane, I for one would be stuck with P3D which is in no way an alternative for me, so give the guy credit. 

I could care less if he in particular doesn't not know anything about other plug-ins, as long as Ben, Chris and Philipp know and work with developers is good enough for me.

Edited by CarlosF
  • Like 6
  • Upvote 3

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

Of course another possibility is that he's trolling us, and the big selling feature in XP12 will be procedural seasons and a great new weather engine. He wants to fool us into thinking he doesn't care about better weather, so he can surprise us later.

We're on to you, Austin.

• Like 3

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

9 hours ago, CarlosF said:

With all due respect to all, but if it wasn't for Austin, there would not be xplane, I for one would be stuck with P3D which is in no way an alternative for me, so give the guy credit. 

I could care less if he in particular doesn't not know anything about other plug-ins, as long as Ben, Chris and Philipp know and work with developers is good enough for me.

Carlos I think we all agree the world is better with XP then without, but the way you positioned your comment is a bit of a strawman

We can simultaneously in our head be happy that this simulator exists but also be exceptionally frustrated about where it’s at right now and possibly not going moving forward based on what was in that video. 

Many of us have just been hoping and waiting that weather and ATC, the former in particular, are high priorities as they should be for any simulation at this level of development and stage in its lifecycle.

Austin seems very interested in practicing real life scenarios and that is just really hard to realistically do with this bare-bones antiquated weather system they still have. 

Edited by irrics
  • Upvote 2

On 6/12/2019 at 3:12 PM, irrics said:

frustrated about where it’s at right now and possibly not going moving forward.

Same thing was said about xp9, and look where we are now.

Frustration or complaints won't change Austin's roadmap, best we can do is to tag along and be patient, ATC, weather, and what ever else we want will get done eventually.

• Upvote 1

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

15 minutes ago, CarlosF said:

Frustration or complaints won't change Austin's roadmap

I never said it would - lol - just venting a bit I guess.

I don't really share your optimism that we'll "get what we want eventually".  Theres' really no guarantee of that at all, especially if the top guy doesn't see the value in many of the features some would like.  It makes it all very much a headwind to getting it done.

Hope springs eternal of course...

Cheers

Edited by irrics

14 minutes ago, irrics said:

I never said it would - lol - just venting a bit I guess.

been there too but then just decided to tag along and be patient, no point in getting my blood pressure spiked for nothing...lol

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, CarlosF said:

been there too but then just decided to tag along and be patient, no point in getting my blood pressure spiked for nothing...lol

Doesn't spike my BP a bit honestly.

I've learned to expect very little from X-Plane development timelines and it to always take longer and deliver less than perhaps planned.

It mainly just bums me out.  They could have totally taken over by now with the long void of MS and the patched together P3D stuff the last 10 years.  Instead, the converts are ripe for the picking by MS next year.

Oh well - to your point - tag along and go with w/e works for ya'.

• Upvote 1

You cannot compare MS/Lockheed with Laminar. You just can't.

-

Belligerent X-Plane 12 enthusiast on Apple M1 Max 64GB

On 6/14/2019 at 8:48 PM, Colonel X said:

You cannot compare MS/Lockheed with Laminar. You just can't.

That's very true.  Yet, from a consumers point-of-view, I don't care if a company has a large staff and resources or not.  I just see the finished product.  If the new MSFS isn't just a game and offers what has been missing from XP for so long, it will certainly be worth a serious look.

• Like 1

Rick Abshier

5900X | RTX3080 | 32 GB@3600 | India Pale Ale