Sign in to follow this  
W2DR

New DX10 article..

Enjoyhttp://www.gamespot.com/features/6143883/p-4.htmlDirectX 10 will increase game performance by as much as six to eight times. Much of that will be accomplished with smarter resource management, improving API and driver efficiencies, and moving more work from the CPU to the GPU. "The entire API and pipeline have been redesigned from the ground-up to maximize performance, and minimize CPU and bandwidth overhead," according to Microsoft. Furthermore, "The idea behind D3D10 is to maximize what the GPU can do without CPU interaction, and when the CPU is needed it

Yawn...

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

> Well, hopefully that sort of technology will be introduced in FS11.> The problem remains: no hardware.Thats what we were lead to believe. If you watch the video on that link, you will hear this from the MS DX10 manager:"I think you'll see DX10 games when Vista launches. We've got devlopers right now working on Vista launch titles and we fully anticipate them to have great DX10 exploitive titles we can show off at the launch"You may need to read that a few times ;-)

>You may need to read that a few times ;-) You need to read all that has been written.http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...ing_type=searchThe only way that ACES has been able to work on "DX10 stuff" has been via a software emulator!We're talking about several minutes just to render one single frame... ;)DX10 video hardware does not exist yet. Period. Full stop. The End.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

> The only way that ACES has been able to work on "DX10 stuff" has been via a software emulator!> We're talking about several minutes just to render one single frame... You must be very narrow minded or gullible.That video was recorded in early January. Even as early as that developers were actively working on DX10. They obviously found another way.Chris Donaghue is THE authority on DirectX! If he makes thats kind of statement there is NO REASON to believe otherwise. "Period. Full stop. The End."

Guest Jimbofly

>The problem remains: no hardware.>>scott s.>.>Wrong. DX10 hardware is due for release quite soon.James

Let me see we are talking about an OS that was supposed to ship 2 years ago, would include a revolutionary filesystem (which was scraped) and now the shiping date seems to be somewhere in 2007.I believe it when I see it. It will be a long wait for native (from the ground up) DX10 games. The market is at DX9 and even sometimes DX8 level hardware. If your OS windowing enviroment needs a 64Mb DX9 card where does that leave the application you have to run on top of that?

simcheck_sig_banner_retro.jpg

>> The only way that ACES has been able to work on "DX10>stuff" has been via a software emulator!>You must be very narrow minded or gullible.You might wish to consider an alternative idea. Perhaps I've got better sources of information than you do.Either way, I honestly don't care one way or another what you choose to believe. :-rollDX10 capable video cards are still under development, and are simply not available for even the nice folks at MS Game Studios to use... :-violin

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

...is closer to release than you might think. (just think flashable GPU firmware that might be out there now!) D3D10 will be released with Vista.

Hoping For CAVU --- Chris

Guest Surge

>>The problem remains: no hardware.>>>>scott s.>>Wrong. DX10 hardware is due for release quite soon.>>JamesWrong?!Having hardware and having an almost there state are two different things.James, with your logic we already have Windows Vista because it's due for release quite soon.Show me where I can buy a DX10 compatible card off the shelf and then I'll believe that Bill and Scott are wrong.Vapourware ...Paul