Sign in to follow this  
_Gladius_

New Orbx “Box”

Just saw a clip on YouTube showing a box.  The clip was from Orbx, and I assume this is a teaser for some upcoming product?  Anybody have any additional information?

Oh, so ORBX is involved in this? "The box" is teaser for a new app called "The Skypark" developed by "Parallel 42", a development studio that was unknown so far.  

FSElite did some digging and they came up with some more bits and pieces and screenshots showing some kind of flight management app, i assume its something similar to Air Hauler or ProjectFly as the screenshot was saying something like "You currently dont have any jobs - use search to look for jobs"

It is supposed to be revealed at FS Expo this week, so we should soon know more

Here's the box posted by Parallel 42: 

Are you sure that this has anything to do with ORBx? Can you provide a link to the YouTube clip that you viewed?

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

4 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

Are you sure that this has anything to do with ORBx? Can you provide a link to the YouTube clip that you viewed?

I'd imagine Orbx will be involved somehow, as Ivanafly who post's on The SkyLounge all the time, he has links to Orbx.

• Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.

9 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5UgXLMj0Pkc

Edited by Sethos1988
  • Upvote 1

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

I'll guess it's a preloaded portable hard drive to store photoreal scenery. I was all excited about the new photoreal regions until I saw the storage requirements.

• Upvote 2

16 hours ago, jabloomf1230 said:

I'll guess it's a preloaded portable hard drive to store photoreal scenery. I was all excited about the new photoreal regions until I saw the storage requirements.

... that and the speed (or rather the lack thereof) of my crappy end-of-the-line ADSL 2 connexion. 

Edited by domkle

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

Thanks for this info. I had a hunch that it might be something like Air Hauler, because of, well the cargo box.

I wonder what it will offer to distinguish it from Air Hauler.

"I'll guess it's a preloaded portable hard drive to store photoreal scenery. I was all excited about the new photoreal regions until I saw the storage requirements."

Prices keep dropping.  I picked up an 8TB External HDD for $150.

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

Here at the conference I just watched their presentation. It looks to me that it is a subscription base FS-Economy type of addon. I think they mentioned that it was going to be $9.99 a month. 

The presenters were the developer from Chase Plane and one of the guys from TheSkyLounge. 

Edited by Samaritano

As a FS Economy user, I get the gamification aspect that they are going for...But the branding/naming and the demo flight they showed...well as my kids say - “cringey”. 

Chris

Its the new X box console coming 2020  https://www.theverge.com/2019/6/9/18656608/microsoft-new-xbox-hardware-specs-price-release-date-e3-2019 

Just kidding lol but who knows

Mr Leny

CPU I7 8700K @ 5.0GHz , MOBO -Asus Maximus X Hero (WiFi AC),GPU - GTX1080 TI , RAM - CORSAIR Vengeance RGB 16GB DDR4 3600MHz
SSD -Crucial MX500 1TB (P3D Install Only)
OS- Samsung 960 EVO 500GB (Window 10 Pro 64)