Sign in to follow this  
spilok

The First FSX File in the Library.

What will it be and who will it be from? Perhaps Avsim should run some sort of competition to see who guesses right!

Would have to say a repaint of any of the default aircraft would be the most popular guess.

Guest Surge

Hopefully it won't be a DVD crack. :DThat copy protection scheme is a pain in the ...Paul

a "fix" for something by someone who think's that something is not "realistic" which actually changes something that's just right into something that's quite wrong.

nah, not if history is any indication.

Guest sfgiants

This is EASY..Auto-Wing leveler fix. Really not a fix but a modification for us novices.Tim

My guess is "Damage Entry" in the config. If Microsoft doesn't include it, there will be a line entry for Damage!

eternal pessimist!! :)Rhett

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

I prefer the term realist over pessimist...always assume the worst, that way things always turn out no worse than expected...

While there will indeed be fixes at some point for things that are wrong, I'm certain there will be at least one "fix" that makes something right into something wrong because the "wrong" way was the FS9 way and they don't want to or don't feel like learning the "right" way. I'd rather learn the "right way". :) (Learning the differential braking to steer the DC-3 was easy.... As long as I take it slow and plan ahead what I'm doing, it turns as smooth as silk. Works even better since I got the CH throttle quadrant to let me use differential throttle in addition to the differential braking. :))I predict the first FSX file uploaded to the avsim library will be a simple repaint of a default aircraft, made by a beta tester, and uploaded after the NDA is lifted and before FSX is actually released. :) And even if Avsim imposes a restriction from uploading FSX files until FSX is released, those same beta testers will still most likely be the first to upload FSX files because the rest of us wouldn't have time with the sim to do anything yet....And as for the dvd crack mentioned earlier.... If one does get uploaded (regardless of if it's the first file uploaded or not), it will likely be deleted and disqualified as the "first FSX" upload because it was illegal, so I think we're safe on that.... :)

StoneC0ld_zps439869f4.png

Declared weather:  FSX: ASN / FS9: ASE