Sign in to follow this  
fpmitch

Virturalcol DASH 8 Throttle Problem

I have the Virtualcol DASH 8 for FSX and am having a problem with the throttles not working in the middle of a flight.  I have follow the procedure tn their documentation about the limiter during taxi and make sure it is reset before taking off. Howerver everything works fine for a while and suddenly the throttles stop working althegher. bot joystick and keyboard. Has anyone else had this problem? If so did you find a solution.  I have submitted it to Virturalcol support and so far they not been able to help.

I had the same issue a few years ago; during mid flight the propellers just stopped working.  I just gave up.  If you find a solution, can u let us know?  Bugs were pretty common in earlier Virtucol offerings; thankfully, they’re making a Dash 8 V2

Matt King

Is it only happening with this aircraft and only the throttles?  Any other problems with joystick movement or other keyboard commands?

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Only happens to the throttles everything else works fine  thproduct I have is the v2 latest version I believe

4 hours ago, fpmitch said:

Only happens to the throttles everything else works fine  thproduct I have is the v2 latest version I believe

V2 hasn’t been released yet; it’s due out after their Beechcraft model. They keep getting better and better; so, I have some hopes for their next model. 

Matt King

Haven't had this issue but hopefully version 2 will be a major improvement as well as fix your problem.

I think Virtualcol is feeling some heat with Carenado's recent entry into the large turboprop market so they're trying to improve their existing planes to compete.

I love competition.

Dave

Simulator: P3Dv5.4

System Specs: Intel i7 13700K CPU, MSI Mag Z790 Tomahawk Motherboard, 32GB DDR5 6000MHz RAM, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4070 Video Card, 3x 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 2280 SSDs, Windows 11 Home OS