Sign in to follow this  
Nevian

What business jets are good?

I'm looking to get a business jet for X-Plane 11. I've never tried a business jet ever as I normally do airliners, so I am not used to anything in this segment. Any thoughts on which ones have come a long way in terms of implementations of systems and such? Thank you!

Sletvik, Thomas

My favs:

Citation II from Carenado

Premier Jet from Carenado

Eclipse 550 NG from Aerobask

and something bigger the Embraer Legacy 650 from X-Crafts

Alexander Colka

At the moment there's really nothing super excellent in the bizjet category for XP11.  The ones listed above are pretty good.  Maybe the best is the DDENN Challenger as listed above my reply....but it uses default XP11 FMS.

The Carenado C550 isn't bad if you own the RXP GTN 750...and there's a pretty decent engine mod floating around that's apparently a real world mod that cuts time to climb by quite a bit.  I think it's called the Super II Sierra.

If you're willing to step "down" to a slower bizprop...the Hot Start TBM-900 is maybe the BEST XP11 addon to date....it'll do 320+ knots.  That same developer is doing a glass Challenger 650.

Aerobask is also working on a Falcon 8x which I'm pretty excited about as well....  Their Eclipse 550 is systems lite-medium but is pretty fun to fly.

Edited by ryanbatcund
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Ryan, do you know if the hotstart will do proper vnav like the real g1000? Before retirement I put some time in a kingair and the vnav on a star was so easy to do.

Dave

10 hours ago, dbw1 said:

Ryan, do you know if the hotstart will do proper vnav like the real g1000? Before retirement I put some time in a kingair and the vnav on a star was so easy to do.

Dave

Yes it will do vnav

I highly recommend the TBM!

• Upvote 2

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I'm waiting for development news  regarding the Pilatus PC-24. That is one awesome bizjet.

Edited by Paul Deluca
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Paul Deluca said:

I'm waiting for development news  regarding the Pilatus PC-24. That is one awesome bizjet.

Link?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

I fly the Aerobask Eclipse and Premier One, followed by the C550 and dropping to a propjet, the PC12.  Where supported I use the librain plugin as well.  My fav of these is the Premier One with RealityXP because it can keep pace with the airliners up in those flight levels, close enough for government work anyway.  It can perform greaser landings and supports the librain plugin (raindrops keep falling on my head, lol)... 

There is a simple yet cool freeware Falcon 20 out there as well that I enjoy from time to time, just because it's the only Falcon I know of and a teacher of mine who gave me first place on my Rogallo Wing eight grade grammar school science project (that went on to win third place in the entire California Science fair in 75), he worked for Iasco at Napa airport which trained JAL pilots for many years, and they used Falcon 10's and Beech 200's for flight training. 

He wanted to give me a free flight in one of their Pipers but his work schedule prohibited it, but I got my first GA flight out of Napa four years later when a high school friend took me and another high school buddy on a night flight over SF from Napa in his 172.  At the time he was the youngest licensed pilot ever, he got his pilots license at 16, before his driver's license, Doug Brambrink, still a friend some 40 years since that flight.

John

On 6/8/2019 at 1:18 PM, ryanbatcund said:

Link?

Might be a little basic but it’s a start

Anton von Sierakowski (YBDG) Rig: ASUS Gryphon Z87 TUF Micro-ATX; i7 4770K 4.3GHz 16Gb RAM, RTX2060 6Gb, 1Tb SSD boot, 2Tb SSD MFS2020, 250Gb SSD Spare. 4Gb HDD. Saitek X55/rudders. GA and light Jet flyer.