Sign in to follow this  
homayoon

A few issues all together P3D V4

Hello dear all

For the past 6 months, I have been dealing with several awkward issues in P3D V4.3. It would be nice if someone please could help me as these issues are really working on my nerve. Please note that most of these issues happen often yet not all the time. Sometimes the FS is working good. I turned it off without any changes, downloads whatsoever. The next time I have issues. That is why I have no idea what is causing this.

1- Most of my ORBX scenery has a double layer. When I start the simulator, either my aircraft is halfway through the ground or the rest of all AI traffic and parked cars are halfway sunk into the ground. This does not happen all the time. Some times even happens when I choose the airport as a destination. Redownloading did not help.

2- Many of my add on scenery, ORBX or else, are elevated. I see cars in highway flying over me when on the runway. Lights and objects are in the air. 

3- After I pause the game and return to the simulator, for a while I have no engine sound in 3d cockpit. At the same time, I have all other sounds like flaps, reverse thrust, landing gear, etc. In outside views, all is OK. It is just the 3d cockpit. It can take anywhere from 30 seconds up to 2 minutes to have the engine sound back!!

4- After each new add on download, I lose my yoke switch programs. For instance, I have assigned a switch for flaps and the other one for trims. After each download, they function as flaps+landing gear and the other one trim+change view cycle. This means that each time I need to go back to settings and re-assign them.

5- Most of the times after a pause in the simulator, the picture will start to go bad like my PC cannot handle it anymore. It moves frame by frame. Please note that I recently purchased a high-end PC, Intel Core i7-8700 3,70 K MSI coder

6- For a while each time I started the FS, the landing gear kept going up and down for itself. Even on the ground. This problem disappeared for a while. Tonight it came back. No matter if I start the simulator as administrator. 

I also had the same issue with the throttle. It is now back again too. So while flying, the throttle starts moving all the way forward and after 10 seconds all the way back. I can manually put it in power again but it starts again by itself.

7- I use the flight map on my tablet. Am very happy about it. Recently when I program the GPS, the magenta line shows the opposite direction and not the chosen destination. Any idea? I could not contact the developer either could I find any updates on the net. 

8- Once in a while I lose almost all my aircraft add on's from Just Flight!! and only Just Flight. There are wings but no fuselage, lights are there but no body of the aircraft. Each time I need to re-download them. I have contacted them but they have no idea and this issue is unknown to them. 

It seems that I have a ghost in my simulator hahaha

Also to note that this PC is used ONLY for FS. Steam and P3D

I will appreciate any comment and support and help. 

Thank you

Homayoon

31 minutes ago, homayoon said:

1- Most of my ORBX scenery has a double layer. When I start the simulator, either my aircraft is halfway through the ground or the rest of all AI traffic and parked cars are halfway sunk into the ground. This does not happen all the time. Some times even happens when I choose the airport as a destination. Redownloading did not help.

2- Many of my add on scenery, ORBX or else, are elevated. I see cars in highway flying over me when on the runway. Lights and objects are in the air. 

You need to check out the Orbx Compatibility Forum.  Many scenery are not compatible with Orbx.  For instance, if you install Orbx SoCal, FSDT Las Vegas and FSDT Los Angeles will have anomalies.  Orbx stores there elevation files in Scenery/World/Scenery.  These files load everytime you run P3D whether you want them too or not.  There are also many files with the Orbx directories for an area that would have to be shutdown.  Layering will not fix it.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

17 hours ago, homayoon said:

Please note that I recently purchased a high-end PC, Intel Core i7-8700 3,70 K MSI coder

Did the problems start when you did this? I usually bite the bullet and just install Windows fresh, then install all the p3d stuff fresh. Eliminates a lot of problems. Some of the problems you mentioned are ones that I experienced after a hardware upgrade where I didn't do a full re-install.

Thank you all for your reply. My PC is new. I did not upgrade it. I recently purchased it and started to install all I had before. 

How do I shut down the other scenery? Is there a way that when I am using FSDT scenery to shut down all ORBXs? BTW why are some scenery checked boxes gray and some black in scenery library?