Sign in to follow this  
Ray Proudfoot

Political map in FSX?

Hi,But importantly these charts do NOT name towns or cities which was the major point of my request. They show objects relevant to pilots but not political information.As Microsoft already have the licences for the relevant maps there is no problem with copyright for them. I accept that a 3rd party would have to pay and that might make it uneconomical.I also accept that it's not mandatory information required in a flight simulator program but as Microsoft already have the copyright to the maps and the wherewithall to implement it in a future version of FS then it seemed obvious to at least put the suggestion to them.Heck, they could even get on the 3rd party band-wagon themselves and offer it as a separate addon. I for one would happily buy it and I'm sure so would others in this thread.Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Hi Paul,I mentioned it in one of my earlier messages. This program never really took off and only aeronautical maps were provided to the users. The problem of copyright and accurate calibration probably prevented anyone from scanning decent atlases and uploading those images.There was also the problem of world-wide coverage. The most detailed coverage was for the US. What I want is global coverage all at the same level of detail. I'm not asking that every small town in the US or every village in England be shown. But something similar to what I posted earlier up this thread which would suit me down to the ground.Just the one response from Microsoft is disappointing. I'd like to think it would be given some consideration even if it's too late for FSX.Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

My CAA 1:250,000 maps do show the names of towns and cities - together with their built-up areas. They are effectively 1:250,000 Ordnance Survey maps overprinted with aeronautical information.Microsoft has licences for the mapping but they will almost certainly be restictive and limit Microsoft to certain uses only - I imagine they they won't allow Microsoft to publish maps based on them in competition with Ordnance Survey in the UK for example. Microsoft might well have to pay more to use them in Flight Simulator - possibly based on the number of sales.

Okay so they do show towns and cities but is the coverage global? As they're based on Ordnance Survey I doubt it. Also, I don't want the aeronautical info. That's provided elsewhere.Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Who's Matt Fox? :-hmmmCheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Thanks.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather