Sign in to follow this  
Billkhaled

How well would DCS run on my system

Could I run the Persian Gulf map, along with the F-18 on my system of:

i3 3.4 GHz

GTX 1050 2GB

8GB RAM

While DCS isn't as performance-heavy, the CPU is a little limited. You probably could run it, but I'm unsure as to how well it would perform...

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

It depends on the complexity of the missions you're running. At least 4gb GPU and 16 GB of RAM for mid/low settings.

@Billkhaled

Hi

I think your pc is weak to you can fly the F-18 in the gulf map:

Minimum system requirements (LOW graphics settings): OS 64-bit Windows 7/8/10; DirectX11; CPU: Intel Core i3 at 2.8 GHz or AMD FX; RAM: 8 GB (16 GB for heavy missions); Free hard disk space: 60 GB; Discrete video card NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 / AMD R9 280X or better; requires internet activation.

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/downloads/world/stable/

You can download DCSW core and try to fly with TF51, because is a more complex plane more than Su-25T with different settings, but I think your pc cannot move DCSW:

first your gpu has a low VRAM

second, you haven't enough ram memory,

third, your cpu is an i3 but what model?, because an i3 8350K (4 nucles) can run DCS,it's truth, however an i3 (2 nucles) couldn't.

DCSW is an hungry RAM + VRAM program.

Perhaps if your i3 is an i3 (4 nucles), you add more RAM up to 16GB, and a new gpu like a RX580 8GB, GTX1660 or GTX1660Ti you could as minimum move DCS, but with a low - medium settings and finally perphaps you have to change the psu, especially if you buy a RX580 8GB.

The best thing would be if you bought a new pc if you want to play only dcs , an alternative to DCS is Falcon BMS, do you know it? it has very low requirements and it is an hardcore flight sim.

I hope I've helped

Regards

Edited by E69_Brisafresca

This is from DCS E-Shop Minimum Requirements for each product

Persian Gulf

Recommended system requirements (HIGH graphics settings): OS 64-bit Windows 8/10; DirectX11; CPU: Core i5+ at 3+ GHz or AMD FX / Ryzen; RAM: 16 GB (32 GB for heavy missions); Free hard disk space: 120 GB on Solid State Drive (SSD); Discrete video card NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 / AMD Radeon RX VEGA 56 with 8GB VRAM or better; Joystick; requires internet activation.

Hornet

Minimum system requirements (LOW graphics settings): OS 64-bit Windows 7/8/10; DirectX11; CPU: Intel Core i3 at 2.8 GHz or AMD FX; RAM: 8 GB (16 GB for heavy missions); Free hard disk space: 60 GB; Discrete video card NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 / AMD R9 280X or better; requires internet activation.

Recommended system requirements (HIGH graphics settings): OS 64-bit Windows 8/10; DirectX11; CPU: Core i5+ at 3+ GHz or AMD FX / Ryzen; RAM: 16 GB (32 GB for heavy missions); Free hard disk space: 120 GB on Solid State Drive (SSD); Discrete video card NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 / AMD Radeon RX VEGA 56 with 8GB VRAM or better; Joystick; requires internet activation

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick