Sign in to follow this  
Guest tcable

FSX AFCAD and AI Traffic

I should have been more clear. The bgl files are in binary format, but the files Lee Swordy's product creates decompile to XML without problem. I like to use NewBGLAnalyze.exe to decompile to XML. The files it creates seem to work best with SceneGenX. But SceneGenX is becoming very good at reading the default files, so the need to do an interim decompile is diminishing.Thomas[a href=http://www.flyingscool.com/FC_StartJava.html] http://www.flyingscool.com/images/Signature.jpg [/a]I like using VC's :-)

Tom Perry

Signature.jpg

Guest EdrickV

I'm sure the SDK will have a compiler able to compile airport data (just as the FS9 SDK does) but I'd be surprised if it'll have a GUI tool. You can create and edit FS9 airport data without using AFCAD, and seemingly have access to options that AFCAD does not support. (Though many of those options aren't well documented in the SDK.)I do expect that someone will make an AFD editor for FSX after it comes out."Let me help you out. You're cleared to taxi any way you can to any runway you see."

>I'm sure the SDK will have a compiler able to compile airport>data (just as the FS9 SDK does) but I'd be surprised if it'll>I do expect that someone will make an AFD editor for FSX after>it comes out.Ya, but doesn't it take like 6 months for the SDKs to come out? Figure at least a few more months to develop a GUI. Could be a while before we get realistic AI traffic in FSX.Matt

Guest EdrickV

If we're lucky the SDK will come out at the same time FS9 comes out, or maybe even a little sooner. (For some games the SDK or equivilent software comes along with the game, like GMAX came with FS9.)"Let me help you out. You're cleared to taxi any way you can to any runway you see."

Guest tcable

Another thing I'd like to see is the ability to easily change the aproach and runway data fora facility- renumber the 6's at PANC to 7's with the appropriate AFD changes. Add runways (MSP, CVG, STL) with the approaches understood by ATC.Maybe even be able to separate classes of aircraft- based on weight for runways. All a/c under 100k to a shorter runway, all heavier to a longer one, with Flow control(the shpwstopper!) Flow control is probabvly the single biggest killer of the idea. Look at CVG. 3 parallel runways- 18-36. Most traffic is arriving from a generally easterly direction (for this discussion). Today, all of that traffic will be placed on the eastern most arrival runway (based on closures, etc) instead of flow control kicking in and spreading the load among all arrival runways.Native crossing runway support (ORD, BOS) with 'gameplans' based on the winds. BOS even has theirs on the massport website.To me, ATC is the area that requires the biggest update. I usually am unable to fly online- either I do not have the time or I'm stuck with bursts of time to fly and cannot babysit the flight.

Guest EdrickV

You can add/edit approach data in FS9, and a couple people have even found ways to do the infamous Kai Tak IGS13 approach. The trick is you can't use AFCAD because it was never updated to allow editing approach data. (It predates the SDK so does not use the same methods, which actually allows it to do stuff the SDK doesn't want to let you do.) There's a section on making approaches in the bglcomp SDK."Let me help you out. You're cleared to taxi any way you can to any runway you see."

Guest tcable

I'm aware of the afd edits- I use the Jim Vile stuff for a number of airports.