Sign in to follow this  
Simicro

FSLabs and Aerosoft A320 (graphics point of view)

Hi,

I know the FS Labs bus is a study sim and the Aerosoft (the "Pro" version) bus is for day to day operations, etc.

Most of reviews on the FS Labs have been done 1-2 years ago.

I own the Aerosoft bus and considering to buy the FS Labs.

I would like to know if the FS Labs has better/equal/lower visual quality than the Aerosoft? Especially for the cockpit.

From videos and screenshots, I feel that for the cockpit visual criteria, the Aerosoft is the winner?

Please answer only on the cockpit visual.

I would be most interested by fellows who have FS Labs and Aerosoft.

Thanks.

- TONY -

I was in your position a while back, and just looking at screenshots I felt the same way.

Then I went ahead and bought the FSL - it takes you less than 10 minutes getting used to the slight difference in "artistic approach" to the VC and you're blown away. Before, I always thought the Aerosoft looked more polished, but in retrospect it feels more cartoonish and less dynamic than the FSL. With the FSL you get a proper Airbus cockpit that feels like the real deal. It just immerses you. That doesn't come across very well in the screenshots though, but I personally have never looked back.

• Like 12
  • Upvote 1

Max

i9 9900K @5GHz | Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Ultra | 32GB Gskill 3200C14 | Palit GTX 1080Ti Super Jetstream

2x Samsung 840Evo SSD | BenQ PD3200Q 32"

Thank you Max.

And from 2017 to now, has FS Lbas did some improvements to the cockpit graphics?

- TONY -

I can't comment on the Aerosoft version, but the FSL VC as had an update on every patch. Its look greats now but a guy called Hugo has made a Hi-res version and looks fantastic.

Its last update put the aircraft on a level I've never seen before.

If you do go for the FSL you will have a big learning curve. But I can send you my PDF with every step you need to make a flight. That should save your hours/days of work.

FSL VC feels like it's been lived in not just rolled out the paint shop. The MCDU buttons look blurry because of the INTEG LT being ON, Also why I normally turn them OFF.

Note how nice the "light" / "Glow" on the VHF 1 is. Also but not the screenshot to show off best most of the panels you see below are different shades of Blue/grey. Like they have been changed over time/services.

vc.jpg

Edited by Nyxx
  • Like 2

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Dave can you please provide a link for Hugo's Hi-res version?

Thanks! :)

• Like 1

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

8 minutes ago, David Roch said:

Dave can you please provide a link for Hugo's Hi-res version?

Thanks! :)

Hi David,

Sure, here are some screenshots someone took with a TS profile, they're not my screenshots.

2019-5-2_23-30-22-608.thumb.jpg.dc2c2e5c

2019-5-2_15-37-15-376.thumb.jpg.26379762

2019-5-2_23-57-42-173.thumb.jpg.411540a1

link as you asked David.

https://www.facebook.com/hbtextures/

Some browsers don't like the link, no idea why.

Edited by Nyxx
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Simply gorgeous...!
A warm thanks David 🙂

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

Yeah, the Hugo tomato profile combined with his texture mod looks stunning

Lian Li 011 Air Mini | AMD 7950X3D | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F | Arctic Cooling Liquid Freezer II 280mm RGB | 2x32GB G.Skill DDR5-6000 | ASUS TUF RTX 4090 | Seasonic Prime Platinum 1000W | Varjo Aero

I have both and prefer the VC of Aerosoft. Both VCs are good, but the FSL feels more cold to me. If you consider the FSL, you need a good CPU. On my system with a good GPU and a weak CPU, I get 50% better frame rates with Aerosoft compared to FSL (both latest updates). The reason is that FSL simulates more systems.

Peter

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Speedbird 217 said:

I was in your position a while back, and just looking at screenshots I felt the same way.

Then I went ahead and bought the FSL - it takes you less than 10 minutes getting used to the slight difference in "artistic approach" to the VC and you're blown away. Before, I always thought the Aerosoft looked more polished, but in retrospect it feels more cartoonish and less dynamic than the FSL. With the FSL you get a proper Airbus cockpit that feels like the real deal. It just immerses you. That doesn't come across very well in the screenshots though, but I personally have never looked back.

Like Max said - and the night lighting and textures are simply beautiful. I have both (Aerosoft and FSlabs). I uninstalled Aerosoft after a day. It doesn't come close. FPS isn't too bad either - comparable to PMDG 777 on my system. FSlabs updates fairly regularly and makes it better each time. 

Edited by mdreyer
  • Like 2

Murray Dreyer

Can't comment on the AeroSoft 'bus..

but..

FSL..
Forget about the cockpit textures...
Slide the cockpit window back...start the engine...go to full thrust and then select wing view...

..and then feel that takeoff thrust on your back...

I love turning up the volume to Window Rattling Mode (tm) when my co-pilot is out, and
starting that procedure above.

Heaven.

Regards
Bill

• Upvote 2

2019-6-4-23-0-21-166.jpg

2019-6-4-23-0-5-126.jpg

I did a flight to lemg last night,  Found i got 4.5 hf1 set up nice it was one nof the best flights ive ever done.

• Like 2

14ppkc-6.png

Thank you all for your feedback. Much appreciated. I have all I need I believe to make a decision.

tooting: your screenshots are about the FSL?

All: sorry, a bit off topic but does the FSL comes with a Performance Calculator tool or some additional utility?

- TONY -

38 minutes ago, Simicro said:

Thank you all for your feedback. Much appreciated. I have all I need I believe to make a decision.

All: sorry, a bit off topic but does the FSL comes with a Performance Calculator tool or some additional utility?

Performance, Push back and take off slots, you name it it's all there in the AOC.

Also, GSX is automatic with FSL, you call ground (INT) and push back starts you do not have to close doors or anything its all done for you. With GSX the only things you do is choose nose left or right and confirm a SODE gate.

You have a lot to learn and I will warn you no other aircraft comes close once you truly come to learn the FSL well. BE WARNED.

Edited by Nyxx
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, Simicro said:

You can request take off performance by entering your aircraft performance metrics (weights and CGs) and weather on the ATSU page of the MCDU. You will then receive a performance report for take off. The latest update even has functionality to send the report (and other messages) to your phone, so you don't clog up your 2 MCDUs and can quickly reference any ATSU/ACARS messages you get.

It's a serious simulation! I have flown Airbus for a while in the sim (before the FSL I used the Aerosoft) and knew my way around it. Once I got the FSL, I decided to read the full FCOM and FCTM. Not because I didn't know what I was doing, but because it really simulates every tiny detail and I wanted to really understand the aircraft. In my opinion it goes beyond anything else that we currently have for our sim.

• Like 7
  • Upvote 2

Max

i9 9900K @5GHz | Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Ultra | 32GB Gskill 3200C14 | Palit GTX 1080Ti Super Jetstream

2x Samsung 840Evo SSD | BenQ PD3200Q 32"