Sign in to follow this  
Zaakit

Best study-level aircraft apart from pmdg

Thanks for replying.

I am interested in the majestic q400. If I get the pilot version and not the pro, will I still get all the cockpit features?

Zaakit

34 minutes ago, Zaakit said:

Thanks for replying.

I am interested in the majestic q400. If I get the pilot version and not the pro, will I still get all the cockpit features?

Zaakit

No! See link below:

https://majesticsoftware.com/mjc8q400/products.html

José Luís

| Flightsimulator: MSFS | Add-Ons: | PMDG Douglas DC-6 | PMDG 737-700 | Fenix A320 | Maddog X MD82| FSW CESSNA 414AW CHANCELLOR |

On ‎6‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 12:47 AM, speedyTC said:

I have the FSL product and have a look at my pc specs. I've compromised on my settings, yes, but I find that it is a worthwhile trade-off to enjoy the Bus. This is in FSX. The P3D version offers better performance (more optimised) plus the added bonus of it being a 64-bit sim with none of the dreaded OOM issues of the older generation.

Just my thoughts as I think it's a shame that you deny yourself the FSL experience.

Cheers.

Sorry for hijacking: I have a comparable System and am also toying with the idea of picking up the FSLabs A320. I'd like to add an A320 and can't get myself to get the Aerosoft Version.

What scenery settings are you using? Any OOMs?

12 hours ago, Ricardo41 said:

Sorry for hijacking: I have a comparable System and am also toying with the idea of picking up the FSLabs A320. I'd like to add an A320 and can't get myself to get the Aerosoft Version.

What scenery settings are you using? Any OOMs?

Hi,

When using "heavy" payware addons (eg. FlyTampa's YSSYor FSDT's KJFK or Flightbeam's KDEN etc) I do get close to an OOM. FSUIPC reports remaining memory as low as 210MB on occasion. So an OOM is always a possibility but so far I have managed to complete about 98% of my FSL flights without incident. With lighter scenery there is never an issue.

My settings:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xatkp1s3gspabvc/Settings_01.JPG?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bgvltpfsnobjdzd/Settings_02.JPG?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lw0r79uumm29yg1/Settings_03.JPG?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/10mhso64z2migzm/Settings_04.JPG?dl=0

Cheers!

MSI Pro Z690-A DDR4 | i5 13600KF | G.Skill Ripjaws V 32GB 3600MHz | ASUS TUF RTX 3080 (12GB) | Samsung 980 M.2 NVMe 500GB | Samsung 980 M.2 NVMe 1TB | Samsung 850EVO 500GB | 2TB Seagate HDD | Deepcool AK500 CPU Cooler | Thrustmaster T16000M HOTAS | CH Yoke | Win 11 22H2 build | MSFS2020 |

Tony K.

@Speedy TC: Thanks! Very helpful. Our in-sim settings are comparable, except that I have Autogen density set to "Normal".

Hello,

How does the majestic q400 compare to the Leonardo mad dog MD-82? I don't really care what kind of plane it is, as long as it is detailed and the same to the real life. I also would like to know if you can fly the Leonardo mad dog on VATSIM, with IFR capability with SIDS and STARS.

1 minute ago, Zaakit said:

Hello,

How does the majestic q400 compare to the Leonardo mad dog MD-82? I don't really care what kind of plane it is, as long as it is detailed and the same to the real life. I also would like to know if you can fly the Leonardo mad dog on VATSIM, with IFR capability with SIDS and STARS.

The Majestic Dash 8 Q400 Professional and the Leonardo MaddogX are two of the finest and most completely simulated aircraft ever developed for desktop flight simulation, no if's, and's, or buts. You can not got wrong with either one.

Regarding VATSIM, yes, most certainly.  Same is true of any payware airliner than has an CDU/MCDU for which navigation data can be updated via Navigraph NavData or Aerosoft's NavDataPro.

Best wishes.

• Upvote 1

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Hello, thanks for replying,

I have learnt to fly the PMDG 777 through computer based training, I was quite disappointed when I found the FCOM had been locked. Do both of these products have comprehensive FCOM's or does it rely on you to find an alternative way to fly?

Zaakit. 

4 hours ago, Zaakit said:

Hello, thanks for replying,

I have learnt to fly the PMDG 777 through computer based training, I was quite disappointed when I found the FCOM had been locked. Do both of these products have comprehensive FCOM's or does it rely on you to find an alternative way to fly?

Zaakit. 

I don't know of any addon developers who are still providing FCOMs with their software.  FCOMs and FCTMs are copyrighted material.  PMDG (Product Manuals Design Group) originally had the rights from Boeing to include these materials with some of their products, but they no longer provide them (you'll have to ask them why).

Both the Maddog and the Majestic Dash 8 come with extensive documentation, but not FCOMs/FCTMs).

Also, I've noticed you're opening more threads to ask about these addons, so I thought I'd let you know that opening numerous threads on the same topic is frowned upon most everywhere.

My very best wishes!

• Upvote 1

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.