Sign in to follow this  
kcprible

GTN 750 Pre-Sales Question for King Air 350

Hi,  I have 3 questions to ask before I purchase the GTN 350 for the Airfillabs King Air 350 Xplane-11. 

1) Will the GTN 750 work as an independant GPS program in other planes I already have in X-Plan3 11, meaning the ones that already have an Autopoilit systema and GPS Installed?

2) Do you need to purchase and subscribe to an external weather system in order to get real weather updates?

3) Does the GTN 750 work around the world.  I'm planning on recreating Amelia Earhart's flight and think she would have used it if it were available in 1937 if it supported world wide navigation.

Blessings - Kitt Prible

On 6/4/2019 at 8:06 PM, kcprible said:

Hi,  I have 3 questions to ask before I purchase the GTN 750 for the Airfoillabs King Air 350 Xplane-11. 

1) Will the GTN 750 work as an independent GPS program in other planes I already have in X-Plane 11, meaning the ones that already have an Autopilot system and GPS Installed?

2) Do you need to purchase and subscribe to an external weather system in order to get real weather updates?

3) Does the GTN 750 work around the world.  I'm planning on recreating Amelia Earhart's flight and think she would have used it if it were available in 1937 if it supported world wide navigation.

Blessings - Kitt Prible

Edited by kcprible
Typo Corrections

Hi,

I'm sorry for missing the initial post, the title refers to the KA 350 but most questions are general to the GTN in fact.

Let me try to answer:

• The Reality XP GTN 750/650 Touch is a standalone GPS plugin running with any aircraft*
  • There is no weather subscription needed because there is no weather source the GTN can connect to.
  • The solution is using the Garmin GTN trainer in the backend, which instals with both Americas and Worldwide database.
  • You can always download the latest User's Manual directly from our website too!

* standard disclaimer (can't do without): integration with any aircraft systems is mostly assured except when the aircraft plugin is using esoteric and non-standard datarefs. This hopefully is very rare in practice.

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Thank you, sorry for the Confusion on the King Air 350.

I am going to purchase the GTN 750 Touch for X-Plane from your website, but still need to ask a few more questions before the purchase.  Hoping to get this done today if possible.

1) Does this product include the Trainer you mentioned (in the background).  I'm guessing the database is for airports and waypoints outside of the US?

2) Is there an easy way to find out if any of the X-planes included with X-Plane I that can accept the GTN into their 3D screens - or if any planes I've purchased or considering purchasing will be compatible with the GTN 750

3) If the GTN 750 is too large to fit into a 3D screen, then does the purchase of the GTN650 at half price make it more readily available for 3D implementation?

I'm trying to figure out what other products from your site I would need to purchase as the same time to get the 50% discount currently being offered.

I can live w/o the Weather.  I am using Skymaxx Pro with "Real Weather" but have not used it outside the US yet so do not know if it will be real weather or manual weather as I fly.

I'm pretty much a newbie at this, just retired and enjoying X-Plane 11 immensely.  My company used to own a King Air 350 (sent it out to pick me up for my initial interview years ago).  I will search your website and download the manual to browse while I await your reply.

Blessings - Kitt Prible

Just read the manual, but still waiting on your answers to my question.

One more favor to ask, would you please change the tag from Kint Air 350 to King Air 350

Appreciate it.