Sign in to follow this  
paulyg123

KORD. Drzezewecky Design or FSDT

Default KORD is horrible.  Anyone have DRZ KORD?  They make great stuff.  So does FSDT.  Should I buy KORD from DRZ. design or wait 1 to 24 months for FSDT?

Paul Gugliotta

wait for FSDT...you have to wait maybe 2 months. 

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

If you're dead set on only purchasing one between those two, then the more prudent thing to do is wait for FSDT to release their KORD and you can make a determination at that point.

• Upvote 1

I was in the same boat but went ahead and bought the DRZ version as I had also purchased Chicago City.  I had intended to wait for FSDT but I think DRZ did a great job with this!  I wasn't a huge fan of the DRZ building textures with KDCA so wasn't sure I would get the Chicago airports but I am happy with what I see.  One thing I really like about DRZ is the airport lighting as it is very convincing while taxiing. I am also very surprised with how well it performs.  I also installed KMDW so that along with Chicago City and FSL A320 and I still get surprisingly good performance.  One downside to FSDT (aside from couatl) that led me to buy DRZ  is the night texturing of the runways/taxiways.  I really do not like the fuzzy moire effect you get with your taxi and landing lights on with FSDT aiports and I have it on all of their airports.  I get what they are trying to do (I think?) in order to get a really nice daytime texture but the night texture is terrible and I wish there was an option to have different texture sets.  Flightbeam does the night textures perfectly as well on top of the daytime textures looking perfect.

That being said I will likely purchase the FSDT version as well...

Edited by Flic1
  • Upvote 2

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

I fly in and out of ORD a lot. I wasn't going to put up with the outdated FSDT version so I purchased DD's and will also get FSDT's new version and will most likely keep it as it does look superior to DD's from the screenshots alone. Hit two birds with one stone, I support two awesome devs and have refreshed ORD. 

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

I bought it and will likely buy FSDT's KORD. Mainly because I'm impatient, but also I wanted the other two airports anyway since I don't own FlyTampa's MDW.

Bought it but quite frankly haven't flown in and out of it yet. I did get Chicago city first and did a quick flight, and that seemed to give me quite good performance. The biggest hogs were, of course, the airports, but like I said: I haventtried it yet with Chicago Airports yet. Hope to do this sometime this weekend...

I do like DD's city+airports offerings though. They tend to perform quite well for me, and every release they have done has been progressively better. The jump from NYC to Washington was big, but with Seattle was impressed at the detail, but with retaining good performance. 

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

I am in the same boat as you. It's been this way for FAOR, ZBAA, and LEBL too and it's getting to be a reoccurring thing now. I think that the FSDT version looks better at first glance but will it be a huge file and will they include KMDW too? Also, how long for FSDT version to be released? Then how much will it cost? I could afford to buy another airport if I wait to buy only one KORD. These are the unanswered questions that stop me from buying anything. I really want a more current airport but I don't want to rush to buy one version and then be sad when a better version comes along. So I wait to hear any news.

49 minutes ago, bosflo said:

will they include KMDW too?

No, of course not--don't you think they would've mentioned that by now if they were?

What I don't not understand why DD added runway which does not exist yet. DD said that RWY is being build now and they just went ahead and added that new Rwy and taxiways already. This is very confusing. The airport should be as it is now, not like it will be in the future. At least future runway should be as on option (add it if you want). This is the only thing is holding me to buy it. KORD is my home base and I know how they do upgrade to the airport. The new Rwy may not be in use for the next several years. 

I9-13900K | ASUS ROG Strix Z790-E Gaming LGA 1700 | MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 24GB | CORSAIR iCUE H150i ELITE LCD Liquid Cooler | CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 64GB (2X36) 5200MHx DDR5 | Thermaltake GF3 1650W 80+ Gold PSU | Samsung QN90C Neo QLED TV 50”

Then don't use the runway!  My gosh, the things some of you complain about!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Greggy_D said:

Then don't use the runway!  My gosh, the things some of you complain about!

Who is complaining? 

• Like 1

I9-13900K | ASUS ROG Strix Z790-E Gaming LGA 1700 | MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 24GB | CORSAIR iCUE H150i ELITE LCD Liquid Cooler | CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 64GB (2X36) 5200MHx DDR5 | Thermaltake GF3 1650W 80+ Gold PSU | Samsung QN90C Neo QLED TV 50”

2 hours ago, skysurfer said:

What I don't not understand why DD added runway which does not exist yet. DD said that RWY is being build now and they just went ahead and added that new Rwy and taxiways already. This is very confusing. The airport should be as it is now, not like it will be in the future. At least future runway should be as on option (add it if you want). This is the only thing is holding me to buy it. KORD is my home base and I know how they do upgrade to the airport. The new Rwy may not be in use for the next several years. 

They did that to future proof the product. Ord is still going through extensive construction. I get why you may not like it, but I appreciate that they produced and ord that should be accurate for several years. 

That being said, I’m holding off for fsdt before I make a decision on which one to buy. I’m leaning toward fsdt because a) there will be a discount since I own the old fsdt ord, and b) I don’t care about having mdw so ord and the dd city scenery are all I’m after.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Orman

4 hours ago, Flic1 said:

I was in the same boat but went ahead and bought the DRZ version as I had also purchased Chicago City.  I had intended to wait for FSDT but I think DRZ did a great job with this!  I wasn't a huge fan of the DRZ building textures with KDCA so wasn't sure I would get the Chicago airports but I am happy with what I see.  One thing I really like about DRZ is the airport lighting as it is very convincing while taxiing. I am also very surprised with how well it performs.  I also installed KMDW so that along with Chicago City and FSL A320 and I still get surprisingly good performance.  One downside to FSDT (aside from couatl) that led me to buy DRZ  is the night texturing of the runways/taxiways.  I really do not like the fuzzy moire effect you get with your taxi and landing lights on with FSDT aiports and I have it on all of their airports.  I get what they are trying to do (I think?) in order to get a really nice daytime texture but the night texture is terrible and I wish there was an option to have different texture sets.  Flightbeam does the night textures perfectly as well on top of the daytime textures looking perfect.

That being said I will likely purchase the FSDT version as well...

Agreed on the fsdt textures at night. I am not a fan and have stopped flying into fsdt airports at night because of this. 

• Upvote 1

Orman

2 hours ago, skysurfer said:

They did it to KSEA too. It's purely a business decision to not have to update it later. There's nothing wrong with it. 

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |