Sign in to follow this  
FLYBOYSWA2900

Can I make this jet flyable!?

https://secure.simmarket.com/fspxai-boeing-737max-fsxp3d-ai-traffic.phtml

It says that the aircraft contains nothing to make it a UI aircraft that is flyable! Does this mean that even if I tweak the physics and add panels, sound, etc., it still will not be flyable? Or if I do add these things can it be a flyable aircraft? Thanks all!
Alexandre Trahan.

Are you sure you want to be in the Microsoft "Flight" forum, asking this?  TDS has made flyable Max8 and Max9 for FSX.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

22 minutes ago, charliearon said:

Are you sure you want to be in the Microsoft "Flight" forum, asking this?  TDS has made flyable Max8 and Max9 for FSX.

Well I am bad with choosing which forum to use. But TDS has a couple of design mistakes that my OCD cannot handle. I value realism that much in FSX. This aircraft has everything perfectly modeled.

I doubt it would be worth the effort if not impossible. There are most likely no interior views modeled so I don't think you would be able to just add a panel easily. YMMV , however. 

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

So, SimMarket is asking 12.50 Euros for an aircraft that is AI and not flyable?  Do they take PayPAL? 'cause I want one of those😉

Simmarket should have more respect to it’s customers......to even offer that product for sale for €15. It angers me that we are looked upon as “stupid enough “ to buy it ...when there is no doubt just as good looking models as freeware!

plus it’s grounded so can’t fly anyway....😜

if you are someone that bought it, please excuse, I’m not calling you stupid, but you are fuelling this type of overpriced behaviour in the community.

Luke Pype

51 minutes ago, MaDDogz said:

Simmarket should have more respect to it’s customers......to even offer that product for sale for €15. It angers me that we are looked upon as “stupid enough “ to buy it ...when there is no doubt just as good looking models as freeware!

plus it’s grounded so can’t fly anyway....😜

if you are someone that bought it, please excuse, I’m not calling you stupid, but you are fuelling this type of overpriced behaviour in the community.

No I see what you are saying perfectly! It is just that no developers are making MAX models for the 32 bit FSX platform anymore. They have moved up to 64 bit P3D and up. Got to find alternatives to fly this brid! I will admit though, I would hate to fuel the overpricing, greedy, sellers of such awesome software. It's AI too, not all that special for the price. I could find a better payware plane for that price than a crappy AI model. Thanks for your input though!

They are very nice models, but I would agree expensive for me on a per model basis. . 

Still, I don't begrudge the author, who has been providing free AI aircraft for years or Simmarket for marketing them.

Ernest Pergrem

We've all been spoiled over the years by all the wonderful things simmers have developed and let us have for free: Alpha India and AI Aardvark just to start with the "A"s.

If someone wants to try to sell their stuff, well good luck to them.  And if people buy it, that's their choice.  I don't in this case because there are still excellent freeware alternatives, but that might change one day.

Taking someone else's work and modifying it though....   hmmm.  

Edited by ailchim

ngxu_banner.png

No doubt taking the SiimMarket plane and making it flyable is against their "User Agreement".

Bob

i5, 16 GB ram, GTX 960, FS on SSD, Windows 10 64 bit, home built works anyway.

Considering I won't be moving from FSX anytime soon, I will probably buy it and mod it to use as a UI airplane. Won't release it to the public though.

I understand that there are many P3D fans and XPlane fans out there that are probably very confused as to why I am not switching and going to the modern sims that have the fancy new MAX airplanes coming out from PMDG, IFLY, and ULTIMATE 737 MAX 8, but hey, it's my money, my sim, my decisions. Just put so much time, effort, and money into this sim that I cannot see myself not continuing to use it.

2 hours ago, FLYBOYSWA2900 said:

I understand that there are many P3D fans and XPlane fans out there that are probably very confused

Please don't encourage the start the start of that discussion here.  You're on the FSX forum and we do understand.

Ernie

Ernest Pergrem

3 hours ago, FLYBOYSWA2900 said:

I understand that there are many P3D fans and XPlane fans out there that are probably very confused as to why I am not switching and going to the modern sims

This topic has only been viewed 247 times so I’m not sure why you think there are many people here wonder why you don’t switch to another platform. Most people don’t care what sim you’re using and haven’t alluded to wondering why you don’t switch. As long as you’re happy with FSX, that’s all that matters.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator