Sign in to follow this  
Paraffin

Carenado updated PC-12 and 1900D for XP 11.30+

Just a quick heads-up that Carenado has FINALLY updated the PC-12 for XP 11.30+, so ground handling and flying to the specs should be better, along with other fixes. It looks like there are some issues with VR but they're aware of it so that may be addressed soon.

The 1900D has also been updated. Both updated versions are available at Carenado and the .org store. They've reset the download counter so just log in and re-download the file.

• Like 1

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

Bought the Pilatus about a year ago believing to be for XP11 and it does fly OK.  Now it's cleariy marked for XP10 and the update requires all new money - good luck with that.

42 minutes ago, olderndirt said:

Bought the Pilatus about a year ago believing to be for XP11 and it does fly OK.  Now it's cleariy marked for XP10 and the update requires all new money - good luck with that.

To be clear, the update in the OP is the free one for current owners of the XP11 version of those two planes. And yeah, if you have the XP10 version it's a new purchase.

I blame the .org store for slightly deceptive marketing there. The .org store only recently added the link to the XP11 version on the XP10 PC-12 info page, but they're still suggesting under the Requirements tab that it will work under both versions of the sim. Which it sort of does... you can get it in the air, but the engine modeling and a bunch of other things are all wrong. That Requirements tab needs to be changed.

It also doesn't help that the XP10 version of the PC-12 comes up before the XP11 version, if you get a full list of Carenado planes at the .org store. It's easy to miss that there are two different versions of the plane. I think Carenado has dropped the XP10 version from its storefront.

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor