Sign in to follow this  
dave belsey

P3D and FlyInside

Does FlyInside currently work with the latest version of P3D?

I now have an Oculus Rift S for use in P3D, version 4.5.12.30293 which works using the native VR in P3D, but am having many issues using FlyInside P3D4 PRO 1.98 OVR 1300

If it is possible to run FlyInside successfully, I believe that I will have to uninstall Chaseplane and REX Environment Force to achieve it - can anyone confirm ?

Dave.

I am using it currently with a Vive Pro and it is working very well.  I do not have Chaseplane or REX EF.  Hope this information helps some.

Brett

I am interested to know what advantages Fly Inside offers over running Prepar3D in the simulator's native vr mode.

Pros of Fly Inside - Better window and cursor management and much more control over the VR environment

Neutral - Performance...some say their system works better with FI some say better with native

Cons of Fly Inside - HDR lighting does not work

Flying Inside has a free trial version so you can effectively try both yourself with little to no risk

P3D in native single pass mode runs better for me

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

Thanks Brett, I can get the Rift S working with FlyInside, but I did have to uninstall ChasePlane and Environment Force first.

I hope that there will be fixes for them both to work in the Rift soon.

I still have a way to go before I get this working as well as it did with my original Rift in both FSX and P3D though.

One problem at the moment is how to get rid of the Touch hands so that I can use the blue dot for interaction with FlyInside - I would be grateful if anyone knows how to achieve this.

Dave.

I used Flyinside a while back but stopped using it because the resolution was too low (even when overriding the res in the ini file) compared with native VR.

How is flyinside now? I did really like the cool features.

Is the low resolution still a factor in the newer versions?

im

Edited by Iceman2

I am using it with the Vive Pro and am getting full resolution along with oversampling options

I’m using the Pimax8k, everything is good except for the anti aliasing. Seems like very little in SIM settings or the NVIDIA Control panel help. 

If I’m moving my head the AA smoothing is good but when I stop moving the horizontal lines become jagged and very noticeable and annoying.

Was wondering if it was worth trying FI again.

The reduced resolution if FI was the only reason I stopped using it.

But that was a while ago.. had the Pimax4k and P3Dv4.2 back then.

FI and P3Dv4.5 might be worth a try.