Sign in to follow this  
Guest tdragger

AI Sounds in FSX

Guest ryebred

I did a search and did not see this mentioned yet. Is there any indication if the AI sounds will be improved in FSX? I know that you can buy the FSXHotSeat addon now and get much more realistic engine noise upon takeoffs and landings at airports but it would be nice if this would be included in FSX instead of the quiet whisper we have for AI aircraft now.

Guest tdragger

Let's just say you all should be saving up for 5.1 systems if you don't already have them.

Guest JohnEGPF

"Let's just say you all should be saving up for 5.1 systems if you don't already have them"ATM I have and old but VERY good Videologic 2.1 system, never had any reason to upgrade...until now:-hah , just need to find a way of adding rear speakers without losing the great sounding setup I have.I really want to ask about what new aural delights we might expect in FSX, but the answer would be, wait and hear:), so I won't.All the bestjohn

Guest grapesh

If those AI birds are also going to squawk and sing, that would be awesome on 5.1! ;-)

Guest tdragger

If you mean the aluminum ones, then yes.

See the trouble you get yourself in? You go and add birds to the simulation (the feathered ones), and now you've opened up a whole new crop of users. I can just see it now, addons all over the place for all sorts of birds everywhere, and then online multiplayer bird watcher "hunts"(???). Problem is, now you're going to get flamed by all the bird watcher societies out there because you didn't the the red breasted warbler song just right, you missed that doubled beat on the third stanza (<---obviously made up, but you know what I mean). And omg, the complaints about "Well that bird would never nest in that tree, what are you going to do about the AI to fix that?".Thomas[a href=http://www.flyingscool.com/FC_StartJava.html] http://www.flyingscool.com/images/Signature.jpg [/a]I like using VC's :-)

Tom Perry

Signature.jpg

hmm, hmm. Got 2 100W speakers, don't need more than that.I'm too old to want a boombox under my derriere shaking me up whenever an aircraft passes near ;)

Guest garwig2

To get 5.1 sound, do I need a new sound card, or is it an external box and speakers that you plug into?

Guest tdragger

You will need a dedicated audio processor (i.e. sound card) that supports 5.1 like Creative's SoundBlaster Audigy 2. I believe there are external USB 5.1 devices but I don't know how the quality is.

Guest JohnEGPF

you will need another 2:-) For me the new sound system for FSX has got me more excited than all the amazing graphic improvements that we've seen( and i'm a sucker for eye candy).Just look what dolby digital did for Movies.Happy daysJohn

Guest davidvoogd

Will FSX support quadrophonic sound? - aka poor mans surround sound via 2 sets of speakers, one plugged in for front, another for the back (if your sound card has front and back ports). I had this setup a while ago with my Audigy card, worked quite well for Ghost Recon back in the day.

Guest tdragger

FSX will support 5.1 surround sound. Your hardware/driver should downsample this to whatever it's capable of. I have no idea how it will sound, tho.