Sign in to follow this  
thecanarian

ContentErrors file

Hi,

I'm getting a bucketful of errors saved into the ContentErrors file, and I'm wondering if this could be a cause of my P3Cv4.5 installation running at about 20% to 30% slower than my original FSX:SE installation. I've posted a few below. It was originally full of my Alabeo DA46 errors but 've deleted it now, and lo and behold a whole bunch more have popped up. Are these critical errors and do I need to do research to resolve them?

Whilst I'm here does anybody know why my GTN 750 runs like a sloth on valium in this sim, but works perfectly well in FSX:SE

So far I'm disappointed that this 64bit simm is running a whole lot slower than my old 32bit simm.

[error.0]
error=Error loading CMeteoXml.dll: The specified resource type cannot be found in the image file.

[error.1]
error=Error loading Carenavigraph.dll: The specified resource type cannot be found in the image file.

[error.2]
error=Error loading as_btstrp.dll: %1 is not a valid Win32 application.

[error.3]
error=Found Duplicate Key Name
 File:G:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\SimObjects\Airplanes\Alabeo PA44_Seminole\aircraft.cfg
 Section:electrical
 Key:light_panel

[error.4]
 File:G:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\SimObjects\Airplanes\Carenado 525A Citation CJ2\aircraft.cfg
 Section:attitude_indicators
 Key:attitude_indicator.0

[error.5]
 File:G:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\SimObjects\Airplanes\Carenado C90 King Air\aircraft.cfg
 Section:direction_indicators
 Key:direction_indicator.0

[error.6]
 File:G:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\SimObjects\Airplanes\Alabeo PA44_Seminole\aircraft.cfg

[error.7]
 File:G:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\SimObjects\Airplanes\Carenado 525A Citation CJ2\aircraft.cfg
 Section:attitude_indicators
 Key:attitude_indicator.0

[error.8]
 File:G:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\SimObjects\Airplanes\Carenado C90 King Air\aircraft.cfg
 Section:direction_indicators
 Key:direction_indicator.0

[error.9]
error=Invalid Texture name "DDS" specified for model "DukeT_Ext".

[error.10]

more errors ad nauseum

Turn all errror checking off, you are chasing the wind. Graphics are heavier in P3D as opposed to FSX. Dynamic lighting etc., etc.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

All of those errors are possible performance impacts.  The developers of the products producing those errors should be trying to resolve them.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Out of sight , out of mind ...does not fix the problem, the problem is still happening (and using system resource, see P3D info about Error reporting) , , only not logging.

As Ed says , the developers were getting away with poor programming , now they are being reported for being slack... see this for example:

error.3]

if this developer run this in P3D once and checked  , this could have been fixed in one minute. Most of this errors are from Add 0ns not specifically created for P3D . If it is on an add on for P3D version ...ask for your money back.

Jorge

Edited by aeronauta

Wish LM would remove this option for the consumer editions of P3D.  You can try to fix all of the errors yourself by going into the aircraft.cfg or whatever but, when you update P3D, those fixes will be lost.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

8 hours ago, thecanarian said:

more errors ad nauseum

=> Alabeo and Carenado : don't expect a fix from them !

And don't listen to those saying "just turn off contenterror.txt". It's a shame !

I usually fix myself all these duplicate section and gauge syntax malformed.

Unfortunatly, there is no simple way to fix these " Invalid Texture name "DDS" specified for model" .... so frequent 😞

4 hours ago, WarpD said:

All of those errors are possible performance impacts.  The developers of the products producing those errors should be trying to resolve them.

Agreed - and stop buying from these developers ! We must boycott them, to obliged them change their way to behave.

Gérard

10 minutes ago, Jim Young said:

You can try to fix all of the errors yourself by going into the aircraft.cfg or whatever but, when you update P3D, those fixes will be lost

As much as I can, I keep this contenterror.txt as short as possible.And only LM errors will come again when you update P3D (and I found very few...) !

But it's a pitty that LM insist to flag "error=Taxiway path with 0 width", one of the most used trick by airports scenery creators !!!

Edited by gaab

I agree content error checking is a valuable tool but I only enable it for testing purposes. For normal flights I turn it off because in my experience it has a significant performance impact.