Sign in to follow this  
CavalierDuck

Central America 5: Panama & Colombia

Central America 5: Santiago, Panama to Medellin, Colombia

Santiago, Panama (MPSA) where we finished last time is our starting point. A short flight to Chitre (PX06 or MPCE) on the Pacific coast, then another short one across the bay to Rio Hato (MPRH or MPSM). Cross to the Caribbean coast and Colon (MPEJ), watching out for the locks of the Panama Canal on your left as you approach the city.  We now do about the shortest flight possible from ocean to ocean, going 31nm to Howard AFB  (MPHO or MPPA) in Panama City.  Make sure you have your AI ships turned on and you'll see marine traffic in transit, as well as more locks on your left as you approach Panama City.  After we leave Howard we'll overfly Tocumen International airport which serves Panama City before heading along the isthmus towards Colombia (the additional waypoint is just to keep us inland). It's a quite long leg to our first touchdown in South America, Antonio Roldán Betancourt Airport (SKLC). Rather than finish in the middle of nowhere though, we'll continue on to Medellin, landing at the smaller of the city's two airports, Olaya Herrera (SKMD).

Flightplans

PLN format

GTN format

For the GTN users: because of the changes in airport codes in Panama, most of the stops in the flightplan I have put in as waypoints.  If you want to change these manually, the route should read: MPSA - MPCE - MPSM - MPEJ - MPPA - TUM - (waypoint) - SKLC - SKMD.

Aircraft

Same as the previous flights, we're looking for something quite fast to cover the distances.  300kts cruise ideal, 250kts minimum is my suggestion.  Private jets, fast turboprops, subsonic military jets, warbirds, all good choices.  I'm going back to my Lear 35A.

Scenery

Orbx FTX Global textures + FTX NA & SA landclass are a good combination, especially with an addon mesh for the mountains.

We have some freeware airport enhancements - Fernando Angel Gonzalez is still keeping us going - and I HAVE checked them all this week! 😛

Chitre PX06/MPCE

Rio Hato MPSM

Colon MPEJ

Howard AFB MPHO/MPPA

Medellin - Olaya Herrera SKMD

The SKMD scenery is from a different source, FliSim, and seems to work fine in P3D4.4, but Vector users will want to disable AEC for this airport.

Particulars

Date and time: Saturday, 8th June, 2019, 1800 UTC.
Where: AVSIM RTWR Teamspeak - Casual Flights Channel
Teamspeak Server Address: ts.teamavsim.com
Cross-Platform Multiplayer: JoinFS. (FSX, FSX-SE, and P3D).

If you want to help others enjoy the multiplayer experience, don't forget to enter your aircraft details on the multiplayer spreadsheet (linked here). Your courtesy will save others a lot of time and effort. Thanks! 

• Like 1

Nick, thanks for the great flight! 
Not the best screenshots as I set them up for posting here with a reduced size.. 
Ended up taking way too many shots, need some professional treatment for "shutterbug-itits".. LOL
Can find them here... 
Great flight! Thanks again!

20AUG21_Avsim_Sig.png?dl=1  FS RTWR   SHRS F-111   JoinFS   Little Navmap 

Great work, Roman.

--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1