Sign in to follow this  
Guest tdragger

Kneeboard Suggestion

Guest EdrickV

If it's not too hard to do, it would be cool if there was a way to hide/show the kneeboard without actually closing it, assuming it is HTML based and functions much like the existing one. :)I like to listen to music while flying and am experimenting with embedding Windows Media Player in the kneeboard and accessed through the VPN kneeboard system. I know there are some gauges out that work with dlls and can play sound/music files, but none of them (as far as I know) handle playlists and can provide the functionality of WMP. (Like loop, shuffle, listening to live ATC, and even be able to change files/playlists easily using html form elements.) At least one person has even created a kneeboard DVD player, which is what started me thinking about making a kneeboard media player. But when the kneeboard is closed the music stops and the VPN stuff gets "reset" to the starting page. I could (and often do) use a regular media player while flying, but if I want to skip files or something I have to alt+tab out of flight sim and then back. (I fly in fullscreen mode.) That gets tedious after a while. :) With a kneeboard media player I can just click next and not worry about running into a mountain.This feature might also be useful for people using the kneeboard "browser" to look up airport info or real world weather. Being able to resize it would be a nice bonus, but I'd settle for a way to hide it without closing it. :)"Let me help you out. You're cleared to taxi any way you can to any runway you see."

Guest tdragger

I think I may have mentioned it before but we've changed the kneeboard functionality and you'll no longer be able to use it like a web browser. Sorry.