Sign in to follow this  
himmelhorse

problem with buying from org store

Hello

I am trying to buy an aircraft, namely the Aerobask DA-62, which is being rejected by the org store simply because my debit card address (Australia) is different from my purchase location (Indonesia)

Simply stated (as I see it) I have to go to Australia to purchase an aircraft or anything else from the org store. 

I have explained to them (elliott w) that I live in Indonesia. If I try to use any VPN to disguise where I am buying from, my bank (Citibank) will not approve the payment. If I use my Indonesian address, Citibank will not approve the payment. Using my normal process ie, Australian address,(where I initially got my debit card account) purchasing in Indonesia, the payment is authorised, however elliott w is asking for verification of identification.  

That process involves an hours drive (22km) to my local village to either photocopy my passport, drivers license,  or Bunnings hardware store receipts etc as I do not have a photocopier or scanner.

I have been through this twice now for the DA-62 and the Challenger 300 (in lieu) and have had both orders cancelled and it now appears that my account or purchasing ability has been blocked (does not meet minimum order). I discovered this simply because I was trying to use a VPN in a further attempt to purchase.

I am a little upset mainly because I can buy a car and not go through this rubbish(for my protection) let alone a USD35 purchase.

Now I am trying to get in touch with the org store but cannot find any contact details.

Having got all that off my chest I really want to purchase an aircraft (my first with XPlane 11)  

In this regard, I have three questions:

1. How can I convince the org store that I am a genuine purchaser without making a special trip to the village which would cost me more than the actual purchase, and is everyone else having to go through the purchase/ identification programme

2. Can somebody tell me how to restore my account with the org store, and 

3. Is there an alternative to buying the Aerobask aircraft from the org store.

Regards to all

Tony Chilcott 

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

Use your phone to scan your Id documents to save a 2 hour drive? Either photograph and email or download a scanner app that uses your camera and then turns it into a pdf for you to email. Assuming you have a smart phone.

Chris

I use PayPal as much as possible for online purchases.  The exchange rate is better most times.  Something to look into.

Tutmeister and Allan,

Firstly let me express my appreciation for your responses.

Tutmeister .. I had not thought of that however the only option is to photograph and email as downloading an app to the phone is not an option due to lack of signal here. However,

I cannot even do that now that the org store is closed to me. Who would have thought attempting to spend money would create so many problems especially over the princely sum of USD35.00.

So getting back into the store has to be the first problem to solve.  

For Allan, Paypal is not an option for me either. I know that this is a personal thing but it is not an avenue I wish to pursue from Indonesia. 

I have (to update you all) sent an email to Eliot W in response to the last cancellation, so that may, in fact, be my best avenue. 

Thanks again

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

Hello to you all,

An update on the Org.store problem.

All sorted now.

tutmeister ... I used your suggestion and my phone, photographed various documents and emailed them to the store. 

After a couple of hilarious exchanges, we got it all sorted out at last.

Thanks again for your help guys.

As a P.S. though.  If one has access to someone else's email and bank account, just what sort of reassurance is gained by providing a drivers license and or a passport photo. I actually provided a drivers license (in Indonesian and without a photo so I would say it was doubtful that it was even recognised as such) among other material. The whole thing just did not make a lot of sense to me.

Regards as always

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

I bough Xenviro yesterday and it didn’t give me the serial number. So then I got an email saying the billing address was in a different country and I need to provide ID to confirm my address, so I asked a few question first from the Email but got no replies…but instead at the end got another Email after an hour saying “ your order has been cancelled” and then refunded me the money