Sign in to follow this  
Antoine--OnAir

Beta testers required

Hello fellow simmers,

We are about to start a closed beta of OnAir Company, an airline manager based on a persistent world. The beta version is compatible with FSX and Prepar3D all versions (via FSUIPC), but the final will support XPlane11 too.

We are looking for motivated testers to join the Closed Beta. Our goal is to receive the early user's feedback and to check the gameplay balance.

Let me know if you have any question.

Antoine Becker

https://www.onair.company

Looks interesting, although I have not time to test unfortunately, sorry.

can you explain how this differs from FSEconomy?

Thanks.

Luke Pype

Hi MadDogz,

I think it does mainly what FSEconomy does but has several important differences I see so far :

• ·         You manage your own company and can make a loan and buy an aircraft from the beginning if you chose to. You can also start by renting like FSE.
  • ·         You start your company by selecting a difficulty level. There is a Survival Mode available, giving access to a leading board based on your company ROA (Return on Assets) ratio. Survival mode is a level meant to make the game more challenging for experienced players. Survival can be selected at the start of a game, however, once deactivated, survival mode cannot be activated again for this company.
  • ·         You can hire AI pilots which can be managed and followed in real time on your map
  • ·         You can build an FBO at any airport, no limitation (and build a workshop with hired mechanics, fuel tanks, hangars, sleeping for pilots, etc..)
  • ·         There is an iOS and Android Application for catching the best jobs even when not at home
  • ·         You can hire an accountant and get detailed financial and operational reports
  • ·         You can establish partnerships with other players to fly for them or transfer them one of your cargo, selling fuel and aircrafts,etc..
  • ·         You can quit the client while in flight, crash your sim, you will be able to resume your flight where you were. There is also a “Warp” Mode status for the aircraft allowing to use the accelerated time for parts of your flights. When the aircraft arrives, you cannot use it until the simulator end flight time.
  • ·         It supports all aircrafts, native and add-ons. Then a user first buys an aircraft, he can choose the model currently loaded in his simulator. If no user ever used this aircraft model, OnAir generates an initial aircraft model by reading data from the simulator. The user can then immediately buy or rent the aircraft. Each subsequent flight from any user with the same aircraft will be gathered and injected in the aircrafts database to get precise Flight Graphs (which will be accessible to everyone of course when enough data is available).
  • ·         Graphical METARS are included in the maps used to select mission or track the flight
  • ·         If you chose so, you can get XP from your flights, get skill points which can be spent in the Skills Tree
  • ·         The Job/Mission generator is different: for example, you can acquire Logistic Queries Licences at any of your FBOs. They represent employees who are actively looking for jobs that match the criteria you select.
  • ·         We integrated the modding in our base architecture, allowing users to build their own missions.

I Certainly forgot some of the features; we are a very small team (family business) and have many plans to extend OnAir, but we will wait for the community feedback during the beta to decide which direction to follow.

• Upvote 1

Hi All,

We have reached our beta testers quota for now.

Thanks for all your responses.

The release is set for July 27, we keep you informed.

Antoine Becker

Sounds very interesting. I like the last point the most, as I like to be free on where to fly but with purpose.

ill be following with interest.

thanks for reply.

Luke Pype

Hi All,

We finished the first stage of our closed beta. We are now searching for more beta testers to allow us to check the performance of the servers.

Send a mail to antoine@onair.company if you want to join.

Thank you for your help.

Antoine Becker

OnAir Company