Sign in to follow this  
bernd1151

Kelowna to Port Hardy in a Mig 15

Ortho4XP ZL16, MLADG Mig 15 Bis

Weather ain’t the best, but I think that with the power behind my seat, I can get myself easily out of it, should more trouble show up. This Mig was formerly flown by the East German Luftwaffe and was bought many years ago by a Canadian enthusiast, who has brought her back to her former glory (well, at least here for my little story and flight) 

1.jpg 

3.jpg 

10.jpg 

12.jpg

13.jpg

Approaching Penticton

15.jpg

Now I swing north-west, heading towards Whistler Mountain

16.jpg

Luckily the weather turns better and gives view to the fantastic mountainous area of Northern BC

17.jpg 

18.jpg 

20.jpg 

22.jpg

24.jpg 

25.jpg

Over the Jervis Inlet

30.jpg

Over the Strait of Georgia, below me is Savary Island. Hernando Island is at my one o’clock

32.jpg

Passing by Campbell River on Vancouver Island

34.jpg

On the Western side of Johnstone Strait, the small airstrip to my right is Alert Bay.

36.jpg

I have just passed Port McNeill

37.jpg

Finally on my last leg to Port Hardy

39.jpg

41.jpg

Yes, the fuel truck is badly needed.

Thanks for viewing, gents. This was a most enjoyable flight with some gorgeous scenery to look at and the Mig was a breeze to fly, much like the F 86

• Like 3

Any attempt to stretch fuel is guaranteed to increase headwinds

My specs: AMD Radeon RX6700XT, AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32GB RAM, 34" monitor, screen resolution: 2560x1080

Never thought that the East German Air Force would gain air superiority over Canada.

Greetings from Eastern Germany!

Harald

• Like 1

Harald Geyer
   Gründer der Messerschmitt Freunde Dresden v. V.

lYI9iQV.jpg

Beautiful Canadian/BC scenery!

And, Bernd, regarding the MiG 15 Bis, are you sure...maybe you mistakenly labeled this XP instead of DCS...🙂...

Seriously, superb shots of this classic plane (glad it got preserved)... love the metallic shine from the reflection...

Edited by P_7878
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, HaraldG said:

Never thought that the East German Air Force would gain air superiority over Canada.

Greetings from Eastern Germany!

Harald

I knew you would like these, Harald 😉😉

14 hours ago, P_7878 said:

Beautiful Canadian/BC scenery!

And, Bernd, regarding the MiG 15 Bis, are you sure...maybe you mistakenly labeled this XP instead of DCS...🙂...

Seriously, superb shots of this classic plane (glad it got preserved)... love the metallic shine from the reflection...

Many thanks P_7878. These pics look even better on my PC, some of them almost like real. This is one thing that I like about XP11, it just looks better than P3D (well, at least for me and I run both)

Any attempt to stretch fuel is guaranteed to increase headwinds

My specs: AMD Radeon RX6700XT, AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32GB RAM, 34" monitor, screen resolution: 2560x1080