Sign in to follow this  
Sky56

FS2Crew stops giving audio after sometime

Hi,

I have fs2crew of pmdg777 and I have been using it like a charm. Lately, it has started giving zero audio output and also the green bar does not appear on top which reads whatever I say. However, I see that the events are being managed like the pre-flight flow and all other events which does not require our inputs.

I don't know what is causing this issue but would appreciate if someone assists me. I double checked if my Hard Mute is on but no. it was off and still the software was not functioning. I double checked the speaker. This issue does not happen at the beginning of flight. It is totally random and can occur at any phase of flight.

Please help!

I am using the earphones which ships with the Samsung Galaxy S8. The AKG ones. But for sometime, it works like charm and after sometime, FS2Crew stops responding and listening.

What's happening is the audio connection is dropping.

Do these earphones have any power options.

It's usually because the headset is going to sleep.

Check your Windows power savings options.

This can especially be a problem with people using USB hubs.

I do not use USB hub for my headsets. It is a headphone jack. Just an earphone which ships with the smartphones these days.

On 6/9/2019 at 12:39 AM, Sky56 said:

I have fs2crew of pmdg777 and I have been using it like a charm. Lately, it has started giving zero audio output and also the green bar does not appear

Do you have any idea what may have changed on your system?

What is your microphone plugged into?

Can you get a USB headset?  I personally find them more stable.

Hi,

Thanks for helping me. The problem has been solved. I am using a usb headset now. Also I re installed the software. Don't seem to understand what was wrong but any which ways the problem has been solved. 

Once again, thank you so much. Appreciate it!