Sign in to follow this  
ejoiner

Merging SS 767 with QW 757 VC

can someone point me to a tutorial on how to merge the Skyspirit 767 and the QW757?  I've looked all over and tried youtube and google to no avail.  For the most part I think I have it done, but I cant get the EICAS etc to activate etc.

I am trying to merge this skyspirit B767-300ER/F   767-300FER-GE-CF6-80C2.air and this model OSX763FV5_CF6-80C--WLL.MDL  with the Qualitywings 752 virtual cockpit.  

rexesssig.jpg AND ftx_supporter_avsim.jpg

Come on guys...really nobody has any idea where to find out how to do this merge?  

Merging aircraft is so 2010..

but 1 single google search will yield results. Even an avsim search!

Luke Pype

Remarkably not.   I did a google search and a youtube search.  Both of which usually get me the info I need.   

I must have the same inability to search as you do ejoiner, as I haven't been able to find anything online by anyone who's accomplished this. 

Have you been able to get the visual model to appear in p3d? I can't seem to get past this step, even though I've taken the same steps as in the past with other model merges.... It will list as an aircraft in the selection menu, but will not load/preview the exterior.

Dan Dominik                                                                           

"I thought you said your dog does not bite....
                                                                That's not my dog."

Merging is 90% the same for every aircraft. Internal model vs external models in the Model folder.

A quick google search on merging will yield you results.

The details will differ from aircraft to aircraft but the main process is the same.

Agree, and we've both accomplished merges with other combinations (I've done many with more complex add-ons that the QW757)- this one however isn't working as expected, possibly related to the SS767.

The models will display, but the QW main displays throw errors. Similarly the external wing views display the QW model instead of the SS model.

The linked thread did appear to prove it's possible, but the author is so far avoiding detail on what steps were taken (three answers so far, not one substantiation).

Edited by sddjd

Dan Dominik                                                                           

That's not my dog."

You might try having the 757 mdl files in the folder (as well as the 767 mdl's of course).   I assume you tried that, but you never know.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Yep, tried all the "normal" steps- seems like there may be some dependencies on the QW models themselves that are preventing the lcd gauges from starting up. All the steam gauges are functioning.

Dan Dominik                                                                           

That's not my dog."

I would install the 757 as normal.  Then start the 757 and make sure the LCD gauges are loading ok.

Then move the 767 files into the 757 folder structure.

Did you try that as well?

Rhett

Yep, tried just about every different combo I could think of (757 & panel into 767 folder, vice versa, etc). Even just adding the model to the 757 folder and assigning it via the .cfg "breaks" the LCD gauges (this isn't really viable in the long run as the contact points are wrong, but was done to first try to address the gauges issue). For whatever reason the LCD's seem bound to the QW model unfortunately. It throws error code -6, which I wasn't able to locate in the QW forums or elsewhere. 

Without a link to the Youtube process vaguely referenced in the other thread it's looking like this is another 767 unicorn.

Edited by sddjd

Dan Dominik                                                                           

That's not my dog."

My experience is exactly the same.  I get the models to appear correctly,  but the 757 gauges dont operate especially the EICAS etc.   I have tried all kinds of things including putting the 757 mdl in the model folder with the 767 etc, etc.   I am suspecting that it has something to do with the SS model.   I know that they like you to name model folders specific names etc, as they have myriad model combinations.   I thought I had that all matched up etc.  but this one I am struggling with.   Looks great.   Just need to get the gauges to work.

On 6/13/2019 at 12:22 PM, sddjd said:

. For whatever reason the LCD's seem bound to the QW model

Bingo.  And that is a problem for this merge, unless someone can think of another way.

Rhett

Yes, which further puts into question the other post showing a functional merge with, to date, no substantiation. 

Dan Dominik                                                                           

That's not my dog."