Sign in to follow this  
JayDub

Prepar3d V4.5 ATC not Functioning

Several weeks ago I finally purchased and installed Prepar3D V4.5  I got very involved in setting up my scenery and finding the sweet spots for performance. Yesterday I finally tried out the ATC system only to find that I seem to have a problem. After creating a flight plan and loading it when I attempt to contact clearance delivery or ATIS nothing happens, no voice or text message either across the screen or in the ATC box. As  I click each request in the box it moves on the next as though I have interacted with the system when I have not. ATIS to clearance delivery, to ground control, to tower . On the ATC page it indicates I should select a pilot voice but the selection box is empty. So far no voice and no text messages. Tried the help section of the sim but so far have not found a solution for this problem.  I have been using FSX and Radar Contact since 2006 so not new to this, but for now I am temporarily stumped.

Voice and text messages seem to work fine in the tutorials.

My only addons so far are a very large Orbx scenery install and Ultimate Traffic Live.

Would have posted on the Lockheed prepar3D forums but having logon problems.

Any suggestions appreciated,

Thanks,

Edited by JayDub

Hi JayDub,

I've got to say that I too have exactly the same symptoms as you. I noticed it a few weeks ago but have not been able to work out the offending download...I assume. 

I have reinstalled the P3D v4.5 client to no avail. I have just gotten on without using ATC which is not a satisfactory solution.

I'll be waiting for any other suggestions as well.

Mark 

Mark,

I was able to get my installation of Radar Contact V4.3 up and running perfectly in Prepar3D V4.5.  That is all I used in FSX for many years (Kept the FSX ATC disabled). I never did solve the problem of the Prepar3D ATC issues, but no longer care.

As I understand it Radar Contact V4.3 is now freeware.  I did nothing but open my previously installed Radar Contact V4.3 program and point it to the Prepar3D folder containing my .pln files. I created those files using the P3D flight planner and everything works without a hitch.  Do this and you will never look back. Even as old as it is Radar Contact far exceeds the quality of the stock ATC in both FSX and Prepar3D. Find the additional voice files and your ATC experience will Radar Contact will be filled with additional radio chatter throughout your flights.  

Hope this helps you,

JayDub

Edited by JayDub

I downloaded Radar Contact but never installed it so now is my big chance. Thanks for that pointer.

Researching elsewhere it is highly suggested that the fix is that we need to install P3D v4.5 Content. I don't know if there are any consequences for doing this as I have only been upgrading the Client for each point. I have so much 'stuff' installed that I might create a total mess.

Maybe you and I will be waiting for V5 to get our ATC back or ...............................MS Flight Simulator !

Cheers

Mark