Sign in to follow this  
Indy511

Orbx Australia v2 released

You know where to get it.

Australia Upgrade Discount (40% off) when you add it to your cart.🙂

You must uninstall v1 first. FTX Central will not install v2 until you do.

Edited by BillS511

So the question is, do you use the tickbox that you own Australia in Vector or is that only for v1?

Also, here's the trailer they just released as well;

Edited by Sethos1988
  • Like 1

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

6 minutes ago, Sethos1988 said:

So the question is, do you use the tickbox that you own Australia in Vector or is that only for v1?

Good question.

I signed onto my Orbx a/c & I have V1, & it showed V2 with  the discount straight away, before going into the cart.

T45

From the Orbx forum announcement:
We are currently updating all our AU airports to be compatible with Australia v2's higher definition mesh. Please keep an eye out on the release announcement post or our Facebook page for further information on these updates.

Thanks for HU. I am a bit hesitant with new ORBX titles but Australia V2 is a no-brainer.

Edited by Nemo

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090 -  Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

Downloading at full speed - can't wait to test drive it!

regards, Andy

MSFS/P3Dv4.5/| i7 9700K @5.0 | ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-F |32GB3200C16 | ASUS 2080Ti OC connected to 3 x LG 27" monitors 5780x1080 | EVO 970 2TB M2 for sim, EVO PLUS 970 500GB M2 for W10pro64bit | VirtualFly YOKO & TQ6 |  MFG crosswinds | T16000M |

1 hour ago, Sethos1988 said:

The question is of course answered in the user guide.

The answer is that it is no longer necessary but can be left ticked.

Another interesting point in the presentation was that it will have 5 seasons, unlike the GB and US regions to be released. 

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

6 minutes ago, rjfry said:

Another interesting point in the presentation was that it will have 5 seasons, unlike the GB and US regions to be released. 

As it's LC-based (with the exception of a few highlights), contrary to the GB and US regions where they would have to provide 4 times the ortho tiles. At least, until they find a more clever way to implement seasons in photo regions.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

what about all the OZx sceneries I have hundreds of small farm fields and several large airports
OZx doesn’t exist anymore
I wonder if it’s compatible since it’s designed for Holgermash

I have V1 and I wonder if I can back up just in case performance is dramatically different and I want to go back to V1

mike
Edited by mike stryczek

Sim,PC, monitor,prescription glasses, chair.

Flew around Melbourne city and performance is excellent. Going to test Sydney with FT YSSY.

I'm hoping that Ants Aussie Airports work with AU 2, especially Hamilton.

• Like 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

7 minutes ago, mike stryczek said:
what about all the OZx sceneries I have hundreds of small farm fields and several large airports
OZx doesn’t exist anymore
I wonder if it’s compatible since it’s designed for Holgermash

I have V1 and I wonder if I can back up just in case performance is dramatically different and I want to go back to V1

mike

V1 doesn't go away from your account.

You can install and delete whenever you want. Back up V1 into another drive and if you ever want to go back, you will not need to download the entire v1.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Did anyone hear/see anything about products like Buildings HD or the OpenLC product line? I did follow Jarrad's talk but couldn't identify anything. Are these dead?

Kind regards, Michael

Edited by pmb

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

24 minutes ago, pmb said:

Did anyone hear/see anything about products like Buildings HD

From Bill Womack on FsElite:

"Buildings HD has taken up most of my time the past few months. That's wrapping up, and then it's full-steam to KDAL!"

• Like 1