Sign in to follow this  
Indy511

Orbx Australia v2 released

Great news for Aus v2. I agree  there is something very strange going on with world products, such as OLC Africa....meant for end 2018, then Feb 2019, then Q1 2019, then "beta screen shots in 2 weeks time" end May....? I just don't understand why they don't just tell us it is now vapourware?

• Like 1

Peter Webber

Prepar3D v5 & MSFS / Windows 10 Home Edition / CPU i7-7700K / MSI Z270 XPower Gaming Titanium / Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 500GB / Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz / MSI Geforce GTX 1080Ti Gaming X

34 minutes ago, Gabe777 said:

Sounds great, thnx.

I found Brisbane in V1 to be a killer, so hopefully the new redone (eventually) cityscape may improve the airport, especially if they allow us to tweak the cityscape settings.

I have Melbourne, Cairns and Alice Springs.... so at least if they're improved I think I'll give it a try.

Thnx again !

Further testing of YBBN yielded much better fps if you disable a couple of things in the CP. Photo option will cause texture bleed through, but the native option works well.

The biggest issue with YBBN is the dusk lighting. It drags performance. Day time performance is actually very good. 

If only the guys at iniBuilds could give us DL for this airport, because the airport is very nice, but the lighting sucks.

• Like 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

2 hours ago, DJJose said:

If only the guys at iniBuilds could give us DL for this airport, because the airport is very nice, but the lighting sucks.

It's a service you buy off them, then they will host it for everyone.

• Like 1

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

2 hours ago, Sethos1988 said:

It's a service you buy off them, then they will host it for everyone.

Do they need permission from ORBX or Russ?

33 minutes ago, DJJose said:

Do they need permission from ORBX or Russ?

Don't think so, they aren't distributing parts of the airport. It's additional config files added to the airports, to get DL working. I'd be surprised if someone went after them on that basis. So if you're looking for DL on an airport, it's well worth the small fee to get them to do it, plus everyone else benefits.

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

1 hour ago, Sethos1988 said:

Don't think so, they aren't distributing parts of the airport. It's additional config files added to the airports, to get DL working. I'd be surprised if someone went after them on that basis. So if you're looking for DL on an airport, it's well worth the small fee to get them to do it, plus everyone else benefits.

Thanks! Got the ball rolling. 😀

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

21 hours ago, ZKOKQ said:

Upgrade to what ? lol Last time I used Aus V1 it was on my previous rig, similar to yours it was, a 2700K..  I suppose what I meant was, it was nice to not see autogen popping, on my newer system.

Hmm, I have never had popping autogen on V1 or V2 on this old rig, and certainly not since the early P3D days anyways. Well it doesn't really matter perhaps. By next year we may all have retired the old fsx engine for FS2019. 

• Upvote 1

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

Yeah right.

If that "trailer" isn't a rendered movie, I'll eat an entire 747 fuselage.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Gabe777 said:

Yeah right.

If that "trailer" isn't a rendered movie, I'll eat an entire 747 fuselage.

all  trailers  of  new  addons  are,  simple  solution  if  you  don't  like  it  than  don't  purchase it  pretty  simple.   besides  if  you  got  aus  v1  its  not  a real brainer  not  to purchase  it  with a 40%   discount

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Pete, I guess he is talking about the new MS Flight Simulator trailer, not the AUSv2 trailer 😉

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

Just watched Blackkbox's YSSY to YBCG, AUS v2, etc from last night. looked really nothing at all. I would not know it was not v1. Very underwhelming.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

1 hour ago, Nyxx said:

Just watched Blackkbox's YSSY to YBCG, AUS v2, etc from last night. looked really nothing at all. I would not know it was not v1. Very underwhelming.

There are some elements that have been greatly improved, namely:

- A CityScene representation for Melbourne
- Excellent new mesh
- Various areas augmented by photo scenery
- Better landclass zoning
- Minor improvements to both Perth and Adelaide city centres, and a few landmarks elsewhere

dowVuOw.jpg

KEjkj5v.jpg

pzKh9R8.jpg

The 27 pictures on the product page give an accurate reflection of what you will see in parts in v2.

If anyone is expecting this to be a 'TrueEarth Australia', then expect disappointment. It is not a sexy, ground-breaking visual experience. It is a landclass product which comes with all the positives and negatives we all know and love / hate.

With the 40% discount for v1 owners, I'm happy with it.

Edited by F737NG
Picture replaced as not Australia v2 scenery
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

I just flew around several different areas and noticed a much more realistic (I assume) and varied ground cover. Enjoyed my flight from Cairns to Hervey Bay.

Thank you to all the ORBX team who made it happen.

Kindest regards,

Spirit Flyer

Stephen

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, F737NG said:

MjYjJoK.jpg

Thank you for posting one of my snaps. However that is an add on payware called YPEC and not necessarily AU2. 😀

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, SpiritFlyer said:

I just flew around several different areas and noticed a much more realistic (I assume) and varied ground cover. Enjoyed my flight from Cairns to Hervey Bay.

Thank you to all the ORBX team who made it happen.

Kindest regards,

Spirit Flyer

Stephen

What'sssssssss up Stephen!!!!!!!

• Like 1