BillS511

Orbx Australia v2 released

1 hour ago, Sethos1988 said:

Don't think so, they aren't distributing parts of the airport. It's additional config files added to the airports, to get DL working. I'd be surprised if someone went after them on that basis. So if you're looking for DL on an airport, it's well worth the small fee to get them to do it, plus everyone else benefits.

Thanks! Got the ball rolling. 😀

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

21 hours ago, ZKOKQ said:

Upgrade to what ? lol Last time I used Aus V1 it was on my previous rig, similar to yours it was, a 2700K..  I suppose what I meant was, it was nice to not see autogen popping, on my newer system.

Hmm, I have never had popping autogen on V1 or V2 on this old rig, and certainly not since the early P3D days anyways. Well it doesn't really matter perhaps. By next year we may all have retired the old fsx engine for FS2019. 

• Upvote 1

Yeah right.

If that "trailer" isn't a rendered movie, I'll eat an entire 747 fuselage.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Gabe777 said:

Yeah right.

If that "trailer" isn't a rendered movie, I'll eat an entire 747 fuselage.

all  trailers  of  new  addons  are,  simple  solution  if  you  don't  like  it  than  don't  purchase it  pretty  simple.   besides  if  you  got  aus  v1  its  not  a real brainer  not  to purchase  it  with a 40%   discount

Pete, I guess he is talking about the new MS Flight Simulator trailer, not the AUSv2 trailer 😉

Just watched Blackkbox's YSSY to YBCG, AUS v2, etc from last night. looked really nothing at all. I would not know it was not v1. Very underwhelming.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Nyxx said:

Just watched Blackkbox's YSSY to YBCG, AUS v2, etc from last night. looked really nothing at all. I would not know it was not v1. Very underwhelming.

There are some elements that have been greatly improved, namely:

- A CityScene representation for Melbourne
- Excellent new mesh
- Various areas augmented by photo scenery
- Better landclass zoning
- Minor improvements to both Perth and Adelaide city centres, and a few landmarks elsewhere

dowVuOw.jpg

KEjkj5v.jpg

pzKh9R8.jpg

The 27 pictures on the product page give an accurate reflection of what you will see in parts in v2.

If anyone is expecting this to be a 'TrueEarth Australia', then expect disappointment. It is not a sexy, ground-breaking visual experience. It is a landclass product which comes with all the positives and negatives we all know and love / hate.

With the 40% discount for v1 owners, I'm happy with it.

Edited by F737NG
Picture replaced as not Australia v2 scenery
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I just flew around several different areas and noticed a much more realistic (I assume) and varied ground cover. Enjoyed my flight from Cairns to Hervey Bay.

Thank you to all the ORBX team who made it happen.

Kindest regards,

Spirit Flyer

Stephen

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, F737NG said:

MjYjJoK.jpg

Thank you for posting one of my snaps. However that is an add on payware called YPEC and not necessarily AU2. 😀

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, SpiritFlyer said:

I just flew around several different areas and noticed a much more realistic (I assume) and varied ground cover. Enjoyed my flight from Cairns to Hervey Bay.

Thank you to all the ORBX team who made it happen.

Kindest regards,

Spirit Flyer

Stephen

What'sssssssss up Stephen!!!!!!!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, DJJose said:

Thank you for posting one of my snaps. However that is an add on payware called YPEC and not necessarily AU2. 😀

Oops! Changed the pic to an Aus v2 one.
Nice composition!

22 minutes ago, DJJose said:

What'sssssssss up Stephen!!!!!!!

Hey DJ!

Good to see you still flying and writing on AVSIM. Both are good habits worth keeping!

Not much new in these parts, but was glad to refresh ORBX Australia, and renewing an old acquaintance too!

I am kind of excited about the big news out of Microsoft and hope for and expect the best. What do you think?

:smile:

Kind regards,

Stephen  

On 6/11/2019 at 10:19 AM, pete_auau said:

all  trailers  of  new  addons  are,  simple  solution  if  you  don't  like  it  than  don't  purchase it  pretty  simple.   besides  if  you  got  aus  v1  its  not  a real brainer  not  to purchase  it  with a 40%   discount

Well not all are.

But, yes I was referring to the new MS flightsim..... with full world photoscenery and herds of giraffe and wilderbeast..... never lmao soooo much !

Looks like a fly by of a Far Cry game.... but without the PMDG, the real time weather and Ai traffic thrown into the mix. Boing....!

Whoops.... there go the framerates.... by 75 percent...!

Edited by Gabe777

11 hours ago, F737NG said:

There are some elements that have been greatly improved, namely:

- A CityScene representation for Melbourne
- Excellent new mesh
- Various areas augmented by photo scenery
- Better landclass zoning
- Minor improvements to both Perth and Adelaide city centres, and a few landmarks elsewhere

dowVuOw.jpg

KEjkj5v.jpg

pzKh9R8.jpg

The 27 pictures on the product page give an accurate reflection of what you will see in parts in v2.

If anyone is expecting this to be a 'TrueEarth Australia', then expect disappointment. It is not a sexy, ground-breaking visual experience. It is a landclass product which comes with all the positives and negatives we all know and love / hate.

With the 40% discount for v1 owners, I'm happy with it.

Agree entirely.... and I'm pleased it is not TrueEarth quality, as it means FPS performance will still be good !

I for one, am giving TE a wide berth for a few years until I can double my hardware performance.  It aint going nowhere !

• Like 2

10 hours ago, SpiritFlyer said:

I am kind of excited about the big news out of Microsoft and hope for and expect the best. What do you think?

The video looks awesome! I'm excited, but will not be surprised if it does not come to fruition in 2020. Maybe in 2030.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, otreblA said:

Can anyone do a screenshot of YRTI and YBLN?

Thank you.

Sure.

YRTI:
2019-6-12_12-56-37-47k1jlm.jpg

YBLN (with the ORBX freeware):
2019-6-12_13-0-7-460i2jna.jpg

• Like 1

11 hours ago, SpiritFlyer said:

Hey DJ!

Good to see you still flying and writing on AVSIM. Both are good habits worth keeping!

Stephan, your kindness is one of the reasons this forum keeps being my favorite!
Take care my friend 🙂

• Like 1

On 6/12/2019 at 8:28 AM, David Roch said:

Stephan, your kindness is one of the reasons this forum keeps being my favorite!
Take care my friend 🙂

David,

Your professionalism, knowledge of aviation, understanding and fairness as both an AVSIM leader and a participant has garnered you respect within this community worldwide. Many years ago you earned my trust and affection.

Thank you for your personal kindness as well.

Your friend,

Stephen

:--)))

Thank you for your kind words Stephen.
Will never forget this time with Tom, Geof, you and I here my dear friend.

(Sorry for hijacking this thread. Australia V2 is a real gem!)

😁

• Like 1

I wasn't looking to 'win' anything. I was simply trying to be amusing. :smile:

• Like 1

Yes, It is a shame that so many contributors seem to feel the need to "win".

To inform would be a better goal, without the implied "I know more than you do so I win".

It was a rather winning post though.😊