Sign in to follow this  
pgde

News About PTA v3

Gigabyte x670 Aorus Elite AX MB; AMD 7800X3D CPU; Deepcool LT520 AIO Cooler; 64 Gb G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5 6000; Win11 Pro; P3D V5.4; 1 Samsung 990 2Tb NVMe SSD: 1 Crucial 4Tb MX500 SATA SSD; 1 Samsung 860 1Tb SSD; Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k; Honeycomb Bravo.

Some really exciting changes on the way including a new UI/UX, dynamic profile sharing, on the fly tweaking, and obviously the complete rewrite by a professional with a masters degree in computer game engineering - meaning some of the tweaks are going to have improvements in functionality, others in implementation, etc. 

• Upvote 1

Aamir Thacker

12 hours ago, MattDavies said:

它将在下个月内 - 还没有确切的日期。 

Can PTA v2 be upgraded directly?

PTA v2 can be upgraded to PTA v3 for a small upgrade price. However, if you'd rather not pay and use PTA v2, we will still update it to work with the latest sim updates (until the end of P3D v4) but you will not have the newer features included with PTA v3. 

Matt Davies

Founder/CEO - Mettar Simulations

=====
Prepar3D Tweak Assistant (PTA) available here: https://www.simtweaks.com
projectFLY - one of the most used virtual aviation platforms (now with GLOBAL schedules):  https://www.projectfly.co.uk

amazing news Matt, really curious what version 3 will inculde 🙂

Carsten U

On 6/30/2019 at 2:10 AM, MattDavies said:

It'll be within the next month - no exact date yet. 

Posted in June ... ahem ... nearly October here 😉

Any update to the update about the update to the .... ?

Adam.

• Like 1

NZFSIM_Signature_257_60.png

51 minutes ago, Adamski_NZ said:

Posted in June ... ahem ... nearly October here 😉

Any update to the update about the update to the .... ?

Adam.

LOL it will turn up if it turns up, less said the better.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

I find the inconsistency in this product range really annoying.  Continual missed deadlines with no substantive update or reason as to why.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

In another thread Matt has explained the reasons why it takes longer..

. It was "almost" (i.e 90%) completed, then the investor pulled out, people didn't get paid, code wasn't completed. I am working to get it resolved though so hopefully not too much longer.

Edited by GSalden

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

i really wonder why some of you are so annoyed of Matt. He always delivered to us. Now it takes a little bit longer and some of you are really harsh with him.

Give him time. He is a 1 Man show and yes i really woulöd love PTA working with hotfix 2 too but honestly lets treat each other like everyone wants to be too. fair and part of the family...

Just my 2cents.

Carsten

• Upvote 1

Carsten U

It's the whole "we want everything yesterday" mentality.

It's almost like people forget we're human & thus, we're not perfect. If the roles were reversed & they had to account for every single thing they said, it wouldn't be long before you'd see just how pathetic they are because, with their logic, they are the customer & that means immunity from being called out for being a dick.

What is really interesting is that apart from one person, who clearly did it because his friends were stood watching & he wanted to prove himself to be the "alpha", every single person I have met face to face have been nothing but nice. They're always super supportive and I always come away feeling motivated... until I get home, visit places like here and it's all flipped upside down.

One day there will be enough people fed up of asshats that they'll stand up to them and they'll get put in their place. I long to see that before my days are over. 

I want to be friends with everyone that shares this hobby. I understand that not everyone wants to be friends in return. I also understand that not everyone likes me/my "products". However, that doesn't give you a right to act in the way some people are acting. If you're not a fan, leave me alone and go and enjoy the things that you actually enjoy. Spending your life with any sort of negative influence (be it self inflicted or not) is such a waste of time. We get one shot at life, don't take it for granted. I don't come after you, all I ask in return is that you do the same. 

You'd be amazed how many fs devs over the years have just left because of how much undeserved hate/negativity comes their way. Sure it's ok to say "get thicker skin", but why? Why is that the answer? Surely the answer is to not be an word not allowed in the first place so that people can continue to not be picked on, be miserable, feel like they can never do right?

There is a massive difference between a dev doing something wrong to a point where it's a scam or something crazy/illegal like that. At that point the community seems to cope well in sniffing them out and making sure they either never make the same mistake again, or leave... vs a dev being a decently normal person, not keeping to standards that specific individuals have in their head & as a result of that, getting essentially bullied. The latter is NOT ok. 

Engage brain before mouth (or keyboard in this scenario) is something that I was always taught. When I am posting, the last thing I am thinking about is how I can make the target of the post feel victimised/bullied. Constructive criticism is key. 

Just think about what you're doing before you do it. If you came on to something like AVSIM and saw your post but written by somebody else, would you read it and think "word not allowed this guy is a douchebag"? I reckon you would. 

We should be a "family" - a group of like-minded individuals that all love aviation. It's actually better than a family really, you can at least be selective here. 

If I have to post things like this a million times in order to make some sort of change, I will. I am sick & tired of it all. I want the future of our hobby to be incredible. I don't want it filled with toxic idiots that cannot see the world through a positive set of eyes. I think I speak on behalf of everyone when I say if you fall in to that category, you're not welcome here (or anywhere really). 

• Like 1

Matt Davies

Founder/CEO - Mettar Simulations

=====
Prepar3D Tweak Assistant (PTA) available here: https://www.simtweaks.com
projectFLY - one of the most used virtual aviation platforms (now with GLOBAL schedules):  https://www.projectfly.co.uk

Matt - with the greatest of respect, all this "bad feeling" could be avoided with a simple 5-minute post from you.

Giving time frames maybe isn't the answer (see 30th June "It'll be within the next month - no exact date yet. ") as that might give people unreasonable expectations.

It's the relative silence/lack of communication that upsets people (paying customers).

If it's all too complicated, posting on various forums, channels etc. then tell us which is *the one definitive* place to go for news, then just update that.

PTA is a worthy product (and I'm a huge fan), but if its user base diminishes as a result of threads like this then it'll soon become a Dodo, IMHO.

Adam.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

NZFSIM_Signature_257_60.png

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.