Some really exciting changes on the way including a new UI/UX, dynamic profile sharing, on the fly tweaking, and obviously the complete rewrite by a professional with a masters degree in computer game engineering - meaning some of the tweaks are going to have improvements in functionality, others in implementation, etc. 

• Upvote 1

Real time settings adjustments will be most welcome and save so much time.

• Upvote 1

It'll be within the next month - no exact date yet. 

12 hours ago, MattDavies said:

它将在下个月内 - 还没有确切的日期。 

Can PTA v2 be upgraded directly?

PTA v2 can be upgraded to PTA v3 for a small upgrade price. However, if you'd rather not pay and use PTA v2, we will still update it to work with the latest sim updates (until the end of P3D v4) but you will not have the newer features included with PTA v3. 

On 6/30/2019 at 2:10 AM, MattDavies said:

It'll be within the next month - no exact date yet. 

Posted in June ... ahem ... nearly October here 😉

Any update to the update about the update to the .... ?

Adam.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Adamski_NZ said:

Posted in June ... ahem ... nearly October here 😉

Any update to the update about the update to the .... ?

Adam.

LOL it will turn up if it turns up, less said the better.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I find the inconsistency in this product range really annoying.  Continual missed deadlines with no substantive update or reason as to why.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Posted (edited)

In another thread Matt has explained the reasons why it takes longer..

. It was "almost" (i.e 90%) completed, then the investor pulled out, people didn't get paid, code wasn't completed. I am working to get it resolved though so hopefully not too much longer.

Edited by GSalden

i really wonder why some of you are so annoyed of Matt. He always delivered to us. Now it takes a little bit longer and some of you are really harsh with him.

Give him time. He is a 1 Man show and yes i really woulöd love PTA working with hotfix 2 too but honestly lets treat each other like everyone wants to be too. fair and part of the family...

Just my 2cents.

Carsten

• Upvote 1

It's the whole "we want everything yesterday" mentality.

It's almost like people forget we're human & thus, we're not perfect. If the roles were reversed & they had to account for every single thing they said, it wouldn't be long before you'd see just how pathetic they are because, with their logic, they are the customer & that means immunity from being called out for being a dick.

What is really interesting is that apart from one person, who clearly did it because his friends were stood watching & he wanted to prove himself to be the "alpha", every single person I have met face to face have been nothing but nice. They're always super supportive and I always come away feeling motivated... until I get home, visit places like here and it's all flipped upside down.

One day there will be enough people fed up of asshats that they'll stand up to them and they'll get put in their place. I long to see that before my days are over. 

I want to be friends with everyone that shares this hobby. I understand that not everyone wants to be friends in return. I also understand that not everyone likes me/my "products". However, that doesn't give you a right to act in the way some people are acting. If you're not a fan, leave me alone and go and enjoy the things that you actually enjoy. Spending your life with any sort of negative influence (be it self inflicted or not) is such a waste of time. We get one shot at life, don't take it for granted. I don't come after you, all I ask in return is that you do the same. 

You'd be amazed how many fs devs over the years have just left because of how much undeserved hate/negativity comes their way. Sure it's ok to say "get thicker skin", but why? Why is that the answer? Surely the answer is to not be an word not allowed in the first place so that people can continue to not be picked on, be miserable, feel like they can never do right?

There is a massive difference between a dev doing something wrong to a point where it's a scam or something crazy/illegal like that. At that point the community seems to cope well in sniffing them out and making sure they either never make the same mistake again, or leave... vs a dev being a decently normal person, not keeping to standards that specific individuals have in their head & as a result of that, getting essentially bullied. The latter is NOT ok. 

Engage brain before mouth (or keyboard in this scenario) is something that I was always taught. When I am posting, the last thing I am thinking about is how I can make the target of the post feel victimised/bullied. Constructive criticism is key. 

Just think about what you're doing before you do it. If you came on to something like AVSIM and saw your post but written by somebody else, would you read it and think "word not allowed this guy is a douchebag"? I reckon you would. 

We should be a "family" - a group of like-minded individuals that all love aviation. It's actually better than a family really, you can at least be selective here. 

If I have to post things like this a million times in order to make some sort of change, I will. I am sick & tired of it all. I want the future of our hobby to be incredible. I don't want it filled with toxic idiots that cannot see the world through a positive set of eyes. I think I speak on behalf of everyone when I say if you fall in to that category, you're not welcome here (or anywhere really). 

• Like 1

Matt - with the greatest of respect, all this "bad feeling" could be avoided with a simple 5-minute post from you.

Giving time frames maybe isn't the answer (see 30th June "It'll be within the next month - no exact date yet. ") as that might give people unreasonable expectations.

It's the relative silence/lack of communication that upsets people (paying customers).

If it's all too complicated, posting on various forums, channels etc. then tell us which is *the one definitive* place to go for news, then just update that.

PTA is a worthy product (and I'm a huge fan), but if its user base diminishes as a result of threads like this then it'll soon become a Dodo, IMHO.

Adam.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

On 9/29/2019 at 7:03 AM, kevinfirth said:

LOL it will turn up if it turns up, less said the better.  

That sums it up rather nicely!

Greg

1 hour ago, Adamski_NZ said:

Matt - with the greatest of respect, all this "bad feeling" could be avoided with a simple 5-minute post from you.

Giving time frames maybe isn't the answer (see 30th June "It'll be within the next month - no exact date yet. ") as that might give people unreasonable expectations.

It's the relative silence/lack of communication that upsets people (paying customers).

If it's all too complicated, posting on various forums, channels etc. then tell us which is *the one definitive* place to go for news, then just update that.

PTA is a worthy product (and I'm a huge fan), but if its user base diminishes as a result of threads like this then it'll soon become a Dodo, IMHO.

Adam.

As much as I agree with you in regards to my inherent lack of comms (I feel like I communicate well but I forget not everyone uses Twitter/Twitch), I could update daily, people will still complain. 

It's easy to brush over it by blaming me (which I am completely ok with if that is the actual reason), but all you need to do is look at the history of the "complainers", by majority their existance is spent complaining/bullying/victimising.

I wish it was as straightforward as you're claiming, but it really isn't. I've no idea where this evil mentality comes from with those people but it's dangerous.

In terms of "official" places, I've replied to plenty of people on this forum, so here is fine. The website I could post on too if that is what people want but I feel more people read here than the website.

52 minutes ago, MattDavies said:

In terms of "official" places, I've replied to plenty of people on this forum, so here is fine. The website I could post on too if that is what people want but I feel more people read here than the website.

OK - great (!) - how's about just creating a single (read-only) post announcements/sticky here for PTA - giving us all the current state of play? ie. If the news doesn't appear there, then there's no news, so to speak.

Your website could simply link back to the same sticky. This link would never change, so no need to keep updating the site.

We can take the load off you here if people post new threads - referring them back to that one "master" sticky. I think that's the way it's done in a fair few other product/support forums.

Adam.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Adamski_NZ said:

OK - great (!) - how's about just creating a single (read-only) post announcements/sticky here for PTA - giving us all the current state of play? ie. If the news doesn't appear there, then there's no news, so to speak.

Your website could simply link back to the same sticky. This link would never change, so no need to keep updating the site.

We can take the load off you here if people post new threads - referring them back to that one "master" sticky. I think that's the way it's done in a fair few other product/support forums.

Adam.

Very good idea Adam.

Matt, just make a “Latest news about PTA” sticky. If there is something new, being it positive or a delay just post it there. There is no need  for accountability about your personal live. This is business only.

After that I can delete several “discussion” topics .... 

Edited by GSalden
  • Like 1

Yes Matt. I also think it would help a lot. Open minded is good. Some more Transparancy would be also a good thing. And...I said it before in another thread to you......don´t make any promisses. It is simply NOT necessary. So no expectations are created. Less "shooting" from Users. Keep us informed about your ideas if you like to. The customers who care are patience. And I am really looking forward to your nice products. Regards Marcus

• Like 1

8 hours ago, MattDavies said:

What is really interesting is that apart from one person, who clearly did it because his friends were stood watching & he wanted to prove himself to be the "alpha", every single person I have met face to face have been nothing but nice. They're always super supportive and I always come away feeling motivated... until I get home, visit places like here and it's all flipped upside down.

Matt, I am one of those people who has met you at FSExpo 2019 and Cosford 2018/2017/  We had a great chat at FSExpo and I have always been supportive of you and your flightsim developments.  In my mind, they are significant.

I have also watched your streams on Twitch but I can't devote 5 hours of every day to a Twitch stream waiting for an update at 2h37s into the stream.  It is not a practical or useful way to update supportive users of your products who also have full-time jobs.  The teenage and student community - I get that.

No hate or chronic complaining from me.  But if you announce something on your official product forum and say 'within the next month' then you really should have provided a follow-up one-liner - even if it says 'personal issues are making this difficult'.  Most reasonable people would be happy with that.

I also second @Adamski_NZ suggestion for an update location and method.  You are a significant person in the flightsim community.  Don't kill it with something as simple as inconsistent communication.

• Like 2