Sign in to follow this  
Bob_D

FSX Blurb in May 2006 Issue - Computer Games

Just got the May issue of "Computer Games" magazine and noticed a small FSX blurb in thier 'incoming' section. There were 3 screenshots we've all seen before in there. But this caught my eye; "Finally for the first time, it's very devoted to mission-based play. They're including more than 24,000, with coverage extending to every continent, focusing on a select number of high-detail airports and adding a new level of "interactivity" for all the add-on folks."Wow, 24,000 missions? Is/could that be true? Almost as fast and I thought "Wow" my thoughts turned to it must be a printing mistake of some kind. After all, 24,000 is more like the number of airports. Although if 24,000 is a real mission number, then kudos to the design team. :9 Assuming it isn't just 24 missions played out in a 1,000 differnt places. ;) That many scripted missions would be quite the accomplishment if there is indeed a big depth and variety.

Guest grapesh

I think 24000 is the number of airports included=S.V.=

Guest emkramer

The May issue? It's not even April yet! Oh wait, maybe it is April over on the other side of the world...

Ok, thats what I first thought, and common sense reminded me of a few moments later. But in a quick read you may not pick that up. As not anywhere before the number 24,000 is the word airport mentioned, so you'd thinking the number has referring to the sentence before. Which in this case was referring to missions.Any others comments about the possible number of missions that you could let slip out? :D

>The May issue? It's not even April yet! Oh wait, maybe it>is April over on the other side of the world...>>If I'm not mistaken the May issue would be on news stands about April 5-7, and usually subscribers get their's about 10 or so day earlier. They probably put the finishing touches on the May issue back in Feb. :-smile12