Sign in to follow this  
AnthonyMP

FPS drop after long flight.

As the title states, I was doing a flight from CYYZ to KSAN. I was getting a steady 45 frames in the TDS 787 from at the gate all the way up to cruise altitude. I went out for a bit to hit some stores, came back and my game was lagging along at about 12-15 FPS. CPU temps were good and weren't throttling. I'm only running FTX Global and ASP4. Any ideas as to why this happened would be great. Thanks in advance!

59 minutes ago, AnthonyMP said:

As the title states, I was doing a flight from CYYZ to KSAN. I was getting a steady 45 frames in the TDS 787 from at the gate all the way up to cruise altitude. I went out for a bit to hit some stores, came back and my game was lagging along at about 12-15 FPS. CPU temps were good and weren't throttling. I'm only running FTX Global and ASP4. Any ideas as to why this happened would be great. Thanks in advance!

I have been running into the same problem for months. I actually notice a slight drop at the gate preflighting if they lasts longer than 30 minutes.

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

6 minutes ago, ahsmatt7 said:

I have been running into the same problem for months. I actually notice a slight drop at the gate preflighting if they lasts longer than 30 minutes.

Yea, same here man. I had the NGX for FSX:SE and I'm afraid to dump 90 bucks for it again for P3D if this is a common issue. I have my graphics setting at Mid-high and my computer is medium to high endish I guess? It sucks man. Hoping I can figure out why this happens asap. It makes it kinda hard to land lol.

Just a shot in the dark, have you got "Prefer Max performance" set on NCP ?

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

2 hours ago, ZKOKQ said:

The what? haha. Is that an option is P3D?

3 minutes ago, AnthonyMP said:

The what? haha. Is that an option is P3D?

No lol The Nvidia Control panel. Power Management Mode". Make sure it is set to prefer max performance. Your CPU may be going to sleep.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

2 hours ago, ZKOKQ said:

Ah nevermind, found what you were talking about. But how would that have an effect on P3D? I thought most sims were more CPU intensive programs? sorry if I sound dumb. I just built my first pc last week!

6 minutes ago, AnthonyMP said:

Ah nevermind, found what you were talking about. But how would that have an effect on P3D? I thought most sims were more CPU intensive programs? sorry if I sound dumb. I just built my first pc last week!

A big effect . That is why you need to check what it is set at. Does not matter how old your rig is. Mine is quite new, but the first thing I did was to make sure Power settings were all at high power, in Windows 10 and NCP.

Edited by ZKOKQ

8 minutes ago, ZKOKQ said:

A big effect . That is why you need to check what it is set at. Does not matter how old your rig is. Mine is quite new, but the first thing I did was to make sure Power settings were all at high power, in Windows 10 and NCP.

Okay just set it to the right setting and will let you know how it goes, thanks a bunch!

6 minutes ago, AnthonyMP said:

Okay just set it to the right setting and will let you know how it goes, thanks a bunch!

Also check your power settings in W10 as well, or W7 if your using that, NCP relates to your Graphics card, and w10 or 7 for CPU etc etc. Hope it helps your issue.

I don't think it's a power management issue. I have the max power options set and ny 8700k and 2080ti struggle after a few hours. 

I'm wondering if it's an overclock setting or a bios issue. 

Matt kubanda

12 hours ago, AnthonyMP said:

Try a scenery refresh when fps starts to drop.

4 hours ago, newtie said:

Try a scenery refresh when fps starts to drop.

How do you do that?

Matt kubanda

The first thing I do when I experience aberrant performance is check CPU core utilization, GPU utlization, and memory usage.  It's really an almost-pointless guessing game to start troubleshooting without availing yourself of the available performance data.  Understanding what subsystem(s) are being saturated enough to hit performance is often a critical first clue.

Regards

• Upvote 1

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

24 minutes ago, w6kd said:

The first thing I do when I experience aberrant performance is check CPU core utilization, GPU utlization, and memory usage.  It's really an almost-pointless guessing game to start troubleshooting without availing yourself of the available performance data.  Understanding what subsystem(s) are being saturated enough to hit performance is often a critical first clue.

Regards

sorry to sound like a "newbie" here but is there a good program for that? I just built this PC and it's my first one. Thanks for the help 🙂