Jonahbird

New to VR with two problems

I am new to VR using Oculus Rift S on P3D4, and cannot figure out how to:

1) Get into the pilot's seat.

2) See my hands in P3D.

Grateful for any guidance.

Regards

Frank Jones

I initially had the same problem with positioning myself into the pilots seat.  I have Chaseplane installed and moved the camera position, using my assigned joystick buttons, until it gave me the appearance of being where the pilots head should be.  I'm not sure how to permanently fix the location so that it defaults to the pilot's position on startup, currently I have to change location everytime.

2 hours ago, Jonahbird said:

I am new to VR using Oculus Rift S on P3D4, and cannot figure out how to:

1) Get into the pilot's seat.

2) See my hands in P3D.

Grateful for any guidance.

1) The control command is Relcalibrate origin, which defaults to Shift+ Ctrl+ ,

Also under the virtual reality dropdown, you can select calibrate origin as well.

Further info:

http://www.prepar3d.com/SDKv4/prepar3d/virtual_reality/virtual_reality.html#AROverview

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

In chase plane you just go into the camera position settings and set everything to 0 and you will have your captain's seat. Then you can fine tune to your liking. And as said above, recalibrate position in the menu or the short cut command. You should always recalibrate as soon as you enter VR. 

Thank you Soloraj, Hi Flyer and Andreh

I have not yet found where to recalibrate, but I note its importance.

Chaseplane is new to me and I will consider getting it.

Regards

Frank Jones

1 hour ago, Jonahbird said:

I have not yet found where to recalibrate, but I note its importance

In the P3D VR menu/Recalibrate Origin. 

Right below Enable VR. 

Edited by andreh

Most of us map a button on our joystick/throttle (Like the Thrustmaster HOTAS ) to recalibrate origin.

PC=9700K@5Ghz+RTX2070  VR=HP Reverb|   Software = Windows 10 | Flight SIms = P3D, CAP2, DCS World, IL-2,  Aerofly FS2