Sign in to follow this  
Patco Lch

Honeycomb aeronautical released?

This A.M I have an email that REX Studios is having a contest to win a Honeycomb yoke and button system. I go to Honeycomb Aeronautical website and still no purchase page. After following develpoment of what I saw as a promising budget yoke and throttle system for years I consigned it to vaporware and decided to stick with CH if my system turns belly up .

Anyone know anything?

Vic green

You will be able to preorder the yoke sometime next week. They will update the page then. The preorders will ship in August. In September non-preorders can buy directly from them. The TQ is expected to be ready in Dec 2019 or Jan 2020 according to them yesterday. 

Edited by Wise87

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

Are they at the expo in Orlando this weekend?

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

18 minutes ago, fppilot said:

Are they at the expo in Orlando this weekend?

Yes and many exhibitors are using their yokes and throttled along with Thrust master pedals. 

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

10 minutes ago, 188AHC said:

Yes and many exhibitors are using their yokes and throttled along with Thrust master pedals. 

Well that is sort of good news. I was about to ask if anyone had actually seen one of these being used out in the wilds of flight simulation. I hope this all turns out to be a step up from CH and Sadtec products. Looking forward to reviews from real world users. So far I have not seen anyone who has used one with a flight sim program and said "Boy...you really need one of these!"

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

I didn't particularly like the feel of the yoke. The spring return to center was fairly stiff. Perhaps this can be adjusted but while I was there you couldn't get close enough to Honeycomb to ask. Very popular exhibit. 

There was also much scepticism among the crowd as to whether the projected dates would be met per their history. 

However, I also think when they do release if they listen to the users they will have a nice product. I particularly like their twin engine throttle setup. Both the yoke and throttle setup are very robust and appear to be well made. 

• Like 2

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

49 minutes ago, 188AHC said:

There was also much scepticism among the crowd as to whether the projected dates would be met per their history. 

Thanks for sharing that info. I do wonder how much their pre-orders will be hurt by that history. They seem to be an odd lot of folks. They made a lot of noise in the beginning but so far not much to show for it. I guess we will know more next week or next month or maybe early next year. LOL!

Edited by shivers9

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/

2 hours ago, 188AHC said:

Photos, videos of usage?

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

I have some pics but I need to sort and label them. 

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

24 minutes ago, MarkW said:

Does anyone know if they use Hall sensors (is that the correct term) ?  I can't find on their website.  

From what I read a while back...nope. So far the Yoke sounds pretty much like the Sadtek with pretty lights and graphics added. I hold out hope that there is more to it but who knows. Edit...I should add that we are only potential customers and for some reason it appears as though Honeycomb sees no value in giving us any real details but yet they want preorders??:kecewa: As I said before...very odd approach.

Edited by shivers9

Sam

I'll have to hear some glowing reviews from owners. Don't have 200 dollors to gamble on a pre-order for something not even released and quality unknown. Like investing in chinchilla futures.

Really my only issue with CH yoke and throttle is that the desk mounting system could be better but I manage. Unfortunately I'm not in the Go Flight economic strata.

Vic green