Sign in to follow this  
Dez

Suspend my accounts

Old Prop  Suspend my accounts

I had to send this E-mail to Old Prop company.

First of all you have no return policy stated on your website.  Secondly, we are only disputing one product which has been paid for but awaiting for refund through Paypal dispute process.  However, I have paid you for products Chase Plane, 737 Immersion, 747 Immersion and 777 Immersion which I have had no problems at all.  Why can’t I use these products as these have been paid for? 

Has anyone experienced this before?
Mo
Edited by Dez

Still doesn't justify to suspend my accounts when there are other products that I have paid for. (Chase Plane, 737 Immersion, 747 Immersion and 777 Immersion ).
I think they don't understand my point.

Seems their return policy is quite clearly stated on their website: "Digital downloads are not refundable".

So you declare war by opening a PayPal dispute? Tsk Tsk! ☠️

Edited by odourboy

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

Just because a company has a policy is no reason not to challenge it.  There are many examples of consumers challenging company policy through various means, including legal proceedings, to effect remedy and sometimes change in policy.  i am not saying the user here is justified, just saying there is nothing wrong with opening a PayPal dispute if they feel so inclined.  Now the reaction of the company may not be what the user likes but companies too have the right to fight back.

Edited by MarkW

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

Agreed there! And makes their no-refund policy on downloaded products a bit suspect given they have the ability to disable functionality.

All and all, I suspect there's more going on than the OP suggests. 

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

10 minutes ago, odourboy said:

All and all, I suspect there's more going on than the OP suggests. 

Hi Mo,

Currently your account has an unpaid balance for the Paypal dispute. As I said we are here to offer the utmost customer experience and make sure the software work without any hassle. We don't allow refund for software but we are always open to help and if the software doesn't work of course a refund would be issued.

Regards,

OldProp Solutions inc. Michaël Villeneuve-Normand
Co-Founder, OldProp Solutions inc.

Edited by Dez

This abhorrent industry policy of no refund for software has to stop.

Whether its in a EUA or not.

Has anyone challenged this in court?

And I dont mean OldProp  per se, but any simming or gaming digital downloaded software?

Edited by Boomer

spacer.png

8 minutes ago, Reader said:

Since you have chosen to share this, can you explain why you don't want to pay for the product in question?

I was trying not to go for a refund but unfortunately the product doesn't work as it should.

Many users of the OldProp products are very happy with them.

You are basing your argument on 'the product doesn't work as it should'. I am not sure that you are the best judge of how it should work.

Comparing the product's function to the the advertised functions may be the only way that you can win. I am not aware of what you are claiming is the mismatch.

Cheers, Richard

Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.2 GHz, 16 GB memory, 1 TB SSD, GTX 1080 Ti, 28" 4K display

Win10-64, P3Dv5, PMDG 748 & 777, Milviz KA350i, ASP3D, vPilot, Navigraph, PFPX, ChasePlane, Orbx 

1 hour ago, Richard McDonald Woods said:

Many users of the OldProp products are very happy with them.

You are basing your argument on 'the product doesn't work as it should'. I am not sure that you are the best judge of how it should work.

Comparing the product's function to the the advertised functions may be the only way that you can win. I am not aware of what you are claiming is the mismatch.

I have paid you for products Chase Plane, 737 Immersion, 747 Immersion and 777 Immersion which I have had no problems at all and very happy with them. And you don't understand my point Richard (doesn't justify to suspend my accounts when there are other products that I have paid for).

Edited by Dez

Dez, is oldprop dealing with this via email?

has your other valid licensed payed for software, been reactivated yet?

Luke Pype

50 minutes ago, MaDDogz said:

Dez, is oldprop dealing with this via email?

has your other valid licensed payed for software, been reactivated yet?

There's currently an investigation going on my Paypal purchase. As soon as this dispute is resolved the account will be active again.

Again, they should not actually suspend my accounts when there are other products that I have paid for.

Edited by Dez

42 minutes ago, Dez said:

I have paid you for products Chase Plane, 737 Immersion, 747 Immersion and 777 Immersion which I have had no problems at all and very happy with them. And you don't understand my point Richard (doesn't justify to suspend my accounts when there are other products that I have paid for).

so  far  you havnt  said  what  doesn't  work and  what is  your issues  seems  that it  pc related  issues  at  your  end  other  wise  everyone  would  have  issues

• Upvote 1

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg