Sign in to follow this  
Guest grapesh

Already disappointed

>>>I assure you that FS team is as talented as it comes.>>>>Few doubt it. But I am afraid that stutters were never high>>priority with the MSFS team. There are ways to reduce>stutters>>if graphic engine was designed to throw away some eye candy>>when it comes to crunch time (perhaps according to user's>>selected priority list).>>You're demonstrating that you don't know much (if anything)>about how the sim actually works, because that exactly>what it does now...>He reads like another armchair expert.Oh wait, he's just that, and an armchair pilot as well who probably thinks he knows more about flying 747s than an instructor captain at a major airline.

> If you're concerned about stutters, set you AI traffic, autogen and scenery complexity to minimum. Stutters solvedGreat solution! While I'm at it I will disable the cockpit and weather too. What was I thinking, it was all my fault :-roll When can you accept that this is not good enough?

>not get rid of THE ONE annoying thing about FS - Stutters.>This problem for me just takes away all the realism.>>I may be in the minority here with this issue, but I know I'm>not alone.>>I'm not expecting miracles with FSX.I'm in that minority too. :)Marco

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

>You're demonstrating that you don't know much (if anything)>about how the sim actually works, because that exactly>what it does now...Bill, you on the other hand are demonstrating I don't want to say what .. pretty much always in reply to my posts. If you had a penny worth of imagination you would at least have honesty to acknwoledge that even if as you claim the sim does it now it doesn't do it very effectively. Stop being a smart brat and address the topic in question or is it beyond your abilities. *:-*Michael J.http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/pmdg_744F.jpghttp://sales.hifisim.com/pub-download/asv6-banner-beta.jpg

I read it again, it said that when you bring it up to half it creates stutters! To me that implies that its okay right up to half mark. By the way if you have stutters at half sliders with top of the line system you need to check your system. I assure you that I can run my system on default with most sliders up smoothly. (and I have a 9800 pro video card). Now please tell me the truth, do you have an AI package? other add ons?

Number one reason for stuttering for my Flight Sim set up was found to be bugs and spyware! I was shocked because I had an spyware program, antivirus program and windows service pack 2! Now, I have 2 anti-spyware programs and each catches bugs that other dosn't!! Its combination of a firewall, service pack2, two anti-spyware programs and two anti-virus program that has kept my system reletively clean! (ofcoarse I turn them all off when I start FS ;).According to PC magazine almost 98 percent of systems are infected. Of the 98 percent over 80 percent are running anti-virus and spyware programs! How is that for an eye opener?

>I get stutters on my system with a clean FS9 install, with no>add-ons what so ever. I know some people say they don't and I>believe them which points the finger at my system.>>The thing is, I have three systems than range from old to>moderately new, and it stutters on all three and I've tweaked>the OS and FS9 endlessly. I tried literally every 'trick' withSome of it just might be your sensitivity to stutters. I very well may get the same stutters as you, but just don't even notice it. But I do remember the problems FS2002 had, where the sim would literally go from 50 fps to 0 fps for a brief second and then back up to 50 fps. Definately don't see that any more.Matt

Guest Jimbofly

You obviously missed the part about the video at CES being an in-development render, and not the finished product.Maybe it's just me but FS9 runs fine in my system, and the hardware is already 2 years old. And any comparison between FS9 and IL2 Pacific Fighters etc is a joke, because with autogen FS9 has FAR more geometry detail for the PC to process. When you really think about it the engine in FS9 is actually extremely efficient.James

stage 2: acknowledge that the problem may be with the user rather than the product.

was there a fullpage ad for some expensive spyware killer a few pages later?

Guest tdragger

Eliminating stutters would actually not be that hard, but it would require that we not allow any add-ons to be loaded. I'm not sure folks on this forum would be willing to pay that price.And, BTW, you might want to find out a little about how our performance testing process works. I'm sure it would be eye opening for you and give a sense of what our priorities actually are.