Sign in to follow this  
SKEWR

New MS Flight Sim shown at E3

Not trolling. There is a NEW MS Flight sim shown at Electronics Expo (E3)!!!!

• Like 4

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma

• Like 2

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

double...

Edited by PaulGR

Pawel Grochowski

8LRyGFr.png  

1 minute ago, Shaheen said:

But from my understanding it's for Xbox 

No, its for PC. You can play by buying xbox pass

Well I'm going to be very cynical, sorry to be a downer but I'm very doubtful there'll anything to hold the attention of us proper flight simmers. It's a pretty video but we've seen this all before from Microsoft with Flight, aimed at casual gamers and revenue heavily dependent based on MS selling a lot of rushed DLC, probably ortho sceneries looking at that video. There'll be a few select places where it looks very pretty and detailed like the video (I'm not convinced that airport stuff is in-game footage), then everything else will likely be rubbish and/or cost extra. It'll either run roughly or there'll be no systems depth, especially as Xbox One isn't all that powerful. Wouldn't be surprised if third party developers are entirely locked out the ecosystem or have to pay licensing to MS to have it distributed via their platform.

EDIT: wondering if it'll be cloud based photo scenery, with the whole game on a subscription basis. On the plus side graphics suggest a possible evolution of the game engine used in Flight which seemed pretty solid but lacking in content. But a clean break to something like Unigine or Outerra engines might be better.

Edited by ckyliu
  • Like 6
  • Upvote 11

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

Xbox oh no! But it looks very good.

• Like 1

Maurice J

I7 7700k 4.7 \ EVGA 1080ti \ G-Skill 32GB \ Samsung 4K TV

3 minutes ago, ckyliu said:

Well I'm going to be incredible cynical, sorry to be a downer but I'm very doubtful there is anything there for us proper flight simmers. We've seen this all before from Microsoft with Flight, aimed at casual gamers and heavily dependent based on selling a lot of rushed DLC, probably ortho sceneries looking at that video. There'll be a few select places where it looks very pretty and details, then everything else will likely be rubbish and/or cost extra. It'll either run roughly or there'll be no systems depth, especially as Xbox One isn't all that powerful.

Its on PC. XBOX is now like stream platfrom you can play some games on xbox some games only on xbox and some games only on PC by buying xbox pass

Edited by ziomalnik

2 minutes ago, ckyliu said:

Well I'm going to be incredible cynical, sorry to be a downer but I'm very doubtful there is anything to hold the attention of us proper flight simmers. We've seen this all before from Microsoft with Flight, aimed at casual gamers and heavily dependent based on selling a lot of rushed DLC, probably ortho sceneries looking at that video. There'll be a few select places where it looks very pretty and detailed, then everything else will likely be rubbish and/or cost extra. It'll either run roughly or there'll be no systems depth, especially as Xbox One isn't all that powerful.

What like FSX ?

• Like 1