Sign in to follow this  
SKEWR

New MS Flight Sim shown at E3

1 minute ago, ziomalnik said:

Its on PC. XBOX is now like stream platfrom you can play same games on xbox same games only on xbox and same games only on PC by buying xbox pass

You can buy the games as single also

> We've seen this all before from Microsoft with Flight, aimed at casual gamers and heavily dependent based on selling a lot of rushed DLC, probably ortho sceneries looking at that video.

I am optimistically cautious as well, however a big part of me tells me that the response of the community to past offerings, such as MS Flight and Flight Sim World should make it clear that no matter how much effort they put into it, the community will not buy in if they take that route. Lets remain hopeful that they are smart enough to have learned the lessons of past missteps. I remain hopefully optimistic. The trailer looks fantastic!

Edited by GACSavannah
spelling correction
  • Like 5
  • Upvote 2

Kerry W. Gipe
Savannah Georgia, USA
US FAA A&P / Commercial Pilot Multi Engine Land IFR

Your talent is a gift from God. How you use your talent is your gift back to God.

4 minutes ago, reecemj said:

Xbox oh no!

They mentioned something about bringing Xbox games to the PC.  Perhaps this is one.  

dv

Win 10 Pro || i7-8700K ||  32GB || ASUS Z370-P MB || NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb || 2 960 PRO 1TB, 840 EVO

My Files in the AVSIM Library

7 minutes ago, ckyliu said:

There'll be select places where it looks very pretty and detailed, then everything else will likely be rubbish and/or cost extra.

You mean like Prepar3D, XPlane, DCS World and Aerofly 2?

Edited by Rimshot
  • Like 13
  • Upvote 4

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS

5 minutes ago, reecemj said:

Xbox oh no! But it looks very good.

Won't be able to tweak that bugger to death! :biggrin:

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Interesting that this wasn't mentioned anywhere at FSExpo 2019.

• Like 2

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

10 minutes ago, Rimshot said:

You mean like Prepar3D, XPlane, DCS World and Aerofly 2?

14 minutes ago, SilentChill said:

What like FSX ?

I never thought FSX looked that great even in the enhanced areas you got with it. But general scenery across the globe was okay at time of release. And P3D looks okay with just Orbx Global banged on it. Certainly none of the other sims mentioned depended on DLC sales to fund the base simulator, so weren't deliberately handicapped (whereas Flight was). That stuff shown inside the hangar and the airport through the cockpit windows, I think that level of detail and quality is pie in the sky. I'll be happy if I'm proved wrong.

Edited by ckyliu

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

Really can't wait to see the weather in motion, it looks like it has incredible potential

QQIG4RN.jpg

• Like 5

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

1 minute ago, ckyliu said:

I'll be happy if I'm proved wrong.

I'll also be happy if you're wrong 😉

• Like 1

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS