Sign in to follow this  
SKEWR

New MS Flight Sim shown at E3

7 minutes ago, ziomalnik said:

Finally flight simulators will move forward since 2006

Yes indeed, at least until MS changes its mind and dumps development.

Greg

Now before everyone just freaks out, take this with a grain of salt.  If they didn't learn from their BOMB called "Flight", and the actually LISTEN to their fan base, this will not be an arcade game that flops, but a real real sim.  Crossing my fingers.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 4

Well this has come out of left field!
Incredible-looking footage, skies, weather, terrain mesh rendering, native photo scenery(?), etc. 
All of it looks new, so no legacy coding (since ACES long since gone).

Yes, you can refer back to Microsoft Flight, but I think this is going to be a much more serious attempt to get back into the entertainment / casual simmer market.

Laminar Research, IPACS, Lockheed and some 3rd party developers such as Orbx, xEnviro, Rex are going to be very nervous if this plays as well as it looks.

Excited!

Edited by F737NG
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

I suppose one upside is hopefully they've binned off all FSX code and are starting afresh, but the reappearance of the Icon A5 makes me doubt that, perhaps they've built on Flight's engine? I wonder if it'll be "always online" with some of the scenery in some way cloud based (pulling from Bing or similar?) and they'll charge a subscription? This might lockout third party developers or force them to pay fees to go through MS's DLC delivery platform.

I'm actually surprised how positive the response to it is in this thread, I thought we'd all still have a sour taste in our mouths from Flight? MS have no interest in the average flight simmer, they're selling to lowest common denominator

Edited by ckyliu
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 3

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

Just now, nehuge6348 said:

Crossing my fingers.

Hope they don't get sore and joint locked... :biggrin:

Greg

Well, MS FLIGHT did run ultra smooth in the same PC that could barely run FSX …. with the same level of detail and graphics... Why wouldn't this one be at least as good as MS FLIGHT was ?

• Like 4

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

If I said that it compares to anything that I've seen so far, then I wouldn't be honest. This is unbelievably stunning.
No doubt it will be received by a good amount of preemptive skepticism and negative prejudice, though. As usual.

• Like 4

@jcomm Flight didn't have to render the whole world and the aircraft had no systems or navigational aids. From what I recall there wasn't even proper weather? It did look better than FSX and run smoother, but it had a lot less to do elsewhere.

Edited by ckyliu
  • Upvote 2

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

I wonder if this announcement if have any implications for the future release timeline of P3D V5 or X-Plane 12?

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.

And.. apparently it had been mentioned earlier ( ? )

and it looks like PMDG's 777 in the video ?

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

I think you'll find that's FSX/P3D with a load of addons on it...

• Upvote 4

support1.jpg

1 minute ago, barrel_owl said:

No doubt it will be received by a good amount of preemptive skepticism and negative prejudice, though. As usual.

Indeed! And that while a pretty announcement video like MS put out should make us all want to come together and join in a giant group hug! 😆

• Like 4

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS

I believe this video was just someone having fun, kind of like the movie trailers built from other clips of different movies