Sign in to follow this  
SKEWR

New MS Flight Sim shown at E3

Those graphics compared to P3D are pretty much going from the razer flip phone to an iPhone X. 

Biggest question is going to be if it’s like DCS where just certain regions get the detail. 

They say right at the beginning that’s it’s made with satellite images and azure AI. Considering most scenery developers are going to satellite/photo real images analyzed and adjusted with vector and autogen it would make sense MS just took that to the next level and has a system for rendering the whole world. Big “if” on the whole world though, I bet they simply polished a few key areas as they showed. 

Also the fact that this is an Xbox and we got people running a 9900k with dual 2080ti’s and cant take off from EGLL @ 30 FPS with Minecraft quality autogen is just embarrassing.

I am glad a big player like MS still believes this market has potential. It goes to show that someone will take flight sim to the next level eventually. 

All in all, my first prediction is that this will be a scenery orgasm but probably just Xbox controller systems depth. 

Here is to a year of anticipation!

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, eaim said:

Looking at the video's the like's of ORBX won't be needed, maybe even the like's of PMDG will be history.

There is no Universum where MS can include a 737 for example with pmdg depth. And they dont have to if the open up for 3rd parties. 

• Like 1

Lukas Dalton

I'm cautiously optimistic.  However I start to frown when they throw out buzzwords like "Azure AI".

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, ckyliu said:

@jcomm Flight didn't have to render the whole world

Wrong, Microsoft Flight simulates the whole world. You can even convert the FSX world to Microsoft Flight.

@jcomm the aircraft had no systems or navigational aids

Wrong, there were airplanes with navigation instruments.

@jcomm From what I recall there wasn't even proper weather?

Wrong, the weather implementation was way better than the weather implementation in FSX...

• Like 1

Just now, Gabshall said:

Could they use Azure for 'intelligent' ATC in a multiplayer environment?

My guesses:

- Use it as part of making the simulator to build better scenery from their satellite imagery

- Use it for ATC

- Use to fill the world with AI driven cars, planes, etc. so the world is more active

• Like 1

WellI i for now will stop any addon purchases until i know where the future is

• Like 3
  • Upvote 3

Lukas Dalton

I've been keeping tabs on the Flight Sim Expo all weekend....did anybody see this coming?!? I'm seriously stunned by this.

Chris

MS seems to be serious and invites developers and user to join the INsider Program

What is the Microsoft Flight Simulator Insider Program? 

The Insider program is the way Microsoft Flight Simulator fans and community members can collaborate with our development teams to improve the simulation, experience, and services. As an Insider, you will have the opportunity to provide feedback and insights that help shape and inform current franchise initiatives and the future of Microsoft Flight Simulator.

What are the benefits of joining the Insider Program? 

Insiders will answer short surveys, have access to private forums and receive exclusive weekly newsletters. Moreover, Insiders will have exclusive opportunities to participate in Technical Alpha and Beta tests of in-progress Microsoft Flight Simulator releases and provide feedback to the development teams.

What is a Preview Build (Technical Alpha/Beta)?

Preview builds are work-in-progress builds we’ve created for the purpose of working directly with our community to deliver the best experience collaboratively through feedback/suggestions. Each build will have a specific set of content/functionality meant to provide a slice of the overall experience. These builds will be time gated and limited to a specific number of Insiders. Participants in these builds will vary with each release so if you are not selected for one, that does not mean you will be excluded from others. As with all Preview builds, we expect some turbulence along the way but we are committed to doing our best to ensure we get you into smoother air, as quickly as possible. We view Preview Build participation is a critical step in our path to building the next generation of Microsoft Flight Simulator and look forward to working closely with you!

Does becoming an Insider guarantee I will participate in the Preview Build Program? 

Our goal is ensure that everyone participates in the Preview Program. But that doesn’t mean everyone will participate in every build of the Preview Build Program.

Each build will have a unique set of goals and areas of focus for the development team. To achieve our goals and objectives per build, we will target specific Insiders who may align with those goals for that specific build. Providing your DxDiag will help ensure the Microsoft Flight Simulator Team is able to match you with the most Preview Builds possible. Once selected, your participation is extremely valuable to the team and we encourage and appreciate all time/feedback provided.

I am only interested in joining the beta; do I have to register to the Insider Program?

We will utilize the Xbox Insider Hub as a means of delivering the game content and important information thus participants will need to be a member of the Xbox Insider program and have the app installed on their PC. You can get more information about the Xbox Insider Program along with instructions to sign up HERE.

I do not have a Microsoft Account, how do I create one? 

A Microsoft account is free to create, and your Gamertag is the way we identify you on the Insider Hub and is the way in which we will actually grant access to download the game builds. To sign up simply follow the instructions HERE.

Why is there an 18 and over age requirement?

Since the Microsoft Flight Simulator Insider program requires participants to share personal information and we are committed to protecting players’ privacy, applicants must be over 18 in order to give legal consent to the capture and storage of this information.

What languages will the Microsoft Flight Simulator Insider program be offered in?

We welcome and encourage Microsoft Flight Simulator fans from around the world to join, but for the near future all Microsoft Flight Simulator Insider communications and information will be served in English.

Roar Kristensen    www.flightsim4fun.com

P3Dv4 with Opencockpits hardware controlled by OC4BAv4 for immersive PMDG B737/777/747 flying

XPLANE 11 with Opencockpits hardware controlled by OC4BA_XP for immersive  B737 flying

rmMShli.jpg?1 WylQl0J.jpg?3

@majuhFlight was limited to Hawaii, then you could buy a few other areas, I never heard of anything importing the world from FSX? There was no ILS, NDB, VOR when I tried it, is this something they added later as a pay feature? The weather I don't really recall.

• Like 1

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

1 hour ago, jabloomf1230 said:

Appears to be XBox only which is fine with me. The PC platform is half dead anyway. It's also unclear from the video whether much of the game is online rather than on the local console hard drive.

I don't get the draw to console they are so limited compared to PC

• Upvote 2

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

5 minutes ago, ckyliu said:

I never heard of anything importing the world from FSX? There was no ILS, NDB, VOR when I tried it, is this something they added later as a pay feature? The weather I don't really recall.

Yes, it was possible. Lots of info on that on this websites very own Microsoft flight forum.

And yes, all that was always there.

A lot of info was lost in a flood in craziness. I hope that never happens again. To any new sim.

• Upvote 1

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

22 minutes ago, Trevor2497 said:

"Artist Concept Image"

I'm more worried about the simulator having all the same features as fsx and not being like Flight. 

ME too...VERY worried

6 minutes ago, DaWu said:

WellI i for now will stop any addon purchases until i know where the future is

This thought has crossed my mind as well.

• Like 2

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.